P3D v4 Adding a Mountain Texture; Easy?

Hey all,

We have a couple of mountains in Phoenix I would like to repair and just wondered... Is it easy to just paint a mountain with a texture? Could someone like me do this? Is there a program you recommend that can paint a mountain (section of scenery) in FSX/P3D, particularly P3D?

I would love to do some touchups to the Phoenix area.

I had done scenery in FS2004 like 15 years ago. Loved it. But I know that FSX is quite a bit different and there is more to it. I have been out of the loop and basically now remember nearly nothing about it, except finding GPS coordinates to locate hangers in the sim and facing them the right way. And that has nothing to do with a mountain.

Bill

Hi Bill:

SBuilderX could make your custom photo-real aerial imagery land class BGL.

There is good high resolution elevation data of the USA freely available for making terrain mesh as well.

GaryGB

Many thanks, GaryGB. I'll check that out.

Also interested in the answer... Is there a airport near this mountain?
Caleb, two of the mountains I have in mind have Luke Air Force Base near one and Sky Harbor airport by the other. KPHX is Sky Harbor.

Bill

Also interested in the answer... Is there a airport near this mountain?
Caleb, two of the mountains I have in mind have Luke Air Force Base near one and Sky Harbor airport by the other. KPHX is Sky Harbor.

Bill
Maybe you could open the nearest airport in ADE and find the coordinates for the mountain in ADE and draw a ground poly and assign a custom drawn image to it.

Probably not the way you are supposed to do it but it might work.