• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE 1.75.6421 Production Installer

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have just made an installer for 1.75 which can be downloaded from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gj4iazpz1b4sfc9/ADE_175_Production_Full_Installer.zip

I am aware that there are some outstanding bugs and they will be handled via updates to 1.75. This is essentially the release candidate so if you are using that then there is no need to install this version.

If you are using a version prior to 1.75 and want support for P3D v4 then you will need this version. This version also contains the updates and fixes from 1.71

Please be aware that this is a new full installer. It needs to be installed separately from any versions prior to 1.75. Please read the ReadMe file that comes in the zip. If you don't and ADE self destructs then we can't help you ;)

This is now the current production version and will be uploaded to the ADE website.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Is this the first version that is not Windows XP compatible? Will the previous version be available for those that still use it?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Good point Tom. At the moment this does not work with XP. I will update the downloads page.

Country
unitedstates
Hello Jon -- been away for a bit. Wondering if there is any progress in a release for P3Dv4 yet?? Or are we still waiting for this one??
Many Thanks --- Bob

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Yes. This version supports P3D v4

Country
austria
Hello Jon
I installed the new ADE and it seems OK.
For the first time I tried the ADE New User Wizard, but the import failed "missing the ADE-GP.ini and the ADE GP_Compile.ini" files!? Is there a manual?
"Source Version Main Folder" is this my old 'Airport Design Editor 170' folder?

Edit: don't know why but suddenly I can click the 'next' button and my settings seem imported!?

BTW can I now exstall the 170 version?

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Sorry you had problems with the settings import. It can be a bit temperamental. Also it will point you at your old installation if that is where the folder paths are in the imported data. I am not sure what you mean by Source Version Main Folder but I think you are referring to the folder in the Import wizard and that is the ADE 1.70 main folder as you suggest.

You can delete the 1.70 installation if you are happy that you don't want it any more and also if the new version is not set to use folders from the old version. Generally we recommend keeping both side by side for a while until you are happy that the new version does what you want from it.

Country
austria
I am not sure what you mean by Source Version Main Folder
Hi Jon,
thank you for answering. See the attachment what I meant. If I put there the ADE-170, the mentioned error message follows.
But now I think all is OK. I will keep my old version for the next time ( enough space on my SSD;))
ADE-Wizzard.jpg

Country
germany
I had similar problems which I reported by email.
I compared the content of subfolders (1.70 - 1.75) and copied the contents if necessary.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks - I am aware that the import can be a problem. I have it on my list to try and improve how it works, especially in connection with folder paths pointing to an older version. Maybe a warning or something

Country
us-florida
I finally installed 1.75.6421. One question. UAC throws up its' publisher unknown box asking for permission to run the program whenever I start ADE even if I right click and select run as administrator. Haven't seen this from ADE in any prior version. Is there something I can do to fix this beside dumbing down my UAC? Thanks for your help.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
1.75 does need to be 'Run as Administrator' Some of the new code needs this. Not seen or had reported a publisher unknown box.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
My warning box has a checkbox you can check that stops the box from appearing.

Country
us-florida
Unfortunately I can't show you a screen print of the message box. You have to clear the box before you paste the image and when you do that, the clipboard is cleared also. The only option I see is to change when these messages appear and clicking on that takes you into UAC settings. I'm not getting the box where you can check don't notify me again. I have the default UAC settings.
UAC.jpg

Country
us-florida
Jon, I emailed you a picture of the UAC message box that I took with my phone. It was too big to attach to this thread.

Country
us-florida
Just so everybody knows the UAC message box is an issue that I'm having. Not an ADE problem. I'm going to do some research and see if I can figure out why I'm getting the UAC message box for unknown publisher when I start ADE 1.75.

Country
germany
Hi Jon,
When trying to update the full package the first time I'm getting a crash report from Win10Pro telling me that it's going to send the report to Microsoft while in the background a second windows appears indicating the successful update. After the boot is ready I can see the obviously latest version.

A second issue - rather a question: Why ADE insists to be installed with elevated rights? This makes it much more inconvenient when trying to use it with my "normal" user profile as it asks first for my admin-password.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Why ADE insists to be installed with elevated rights? This makes it much more inconvenient when trying to use it with my "normal" user profile as it asks first for my admin-password.
ADE does not make such an insistence, the user does. By Windows security standards, ADE makes powerful changes that pose the potential for risk and Windows, prudently, will not accept responsibility - and despite expectations that it inform itself of Jon's reputation and intentions, Windows passes the decision on to the user on a case by case basis. It's up to you, Neo/Axel, the red pill of security or the blue pill of ADE and it's endless possibilities. ADE really has nothing to do with the whole process, except by virtue of tempting the user with visions of programming, a Microsoft forbidden fruit to the uninitiated.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
ADE does ask for elevated rights because it needs to handle both 32bit and 64bit versions of the Sim. This involves access to different parts of the registry and in order to do that it asks for elevated rights. If you don't want this then you will need to go back to an earlier version and if you don't use P3D v4 then it would not matter. In the usual setup it merely asks for you to approve it before it runs. It is something on your setup if it is asking for an admin password.

As for the updater error we really don't know why this happens on some computers and not others. The update is actually made fine and the Windows error can be ignored.

Country
germany
Thanks Jon, I got it. Regarding the error message my aged system might be a reason. Could it be a run-time problem? Actually, I'm just pissed off that the error message came so early, probably in the background, that I wasn't able to hinder my system phoning to Mother. :banghead: I looked into the log file and it didn't tell me anything I could recognize to be faulty.

EDIT: The request for the admin password only happens when booting ADE with my standard user profile.

Last edited: