• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE crashes with new MSFSF2020 update

Country
canada
Starting today, immediately following Asobo's latest update, ADE now when I try rt Buids Project, Flight sim tries to run, which crashes ADE and gives the following errors

View attachment 73609
error2.png

Country
panama
When ADE finish screen comes on, even though the MSFS loading screen is running, hit build project again and it will build the project OK.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This appears to be a duplicate thread. I have moved it to the ADE 2020 Forum

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
So far I am able to build existing ADE projects in the latest update. There are warnings about a missing folder for Market Place but that is not affecting the build

This is true whether I target the MS version or the Steam Version

Country
kuwait
When ADE finish screen comes on, even though the MSFS loading screen is running, hit build project again and it will build the project OK.
When you hit build on ADE, everything jams till the black (console) screen comes up and tells you what happened with the build. when you get an error, you can't hit build again till the msfs2020 loading screen goes away completely.
tried to hit build again as you said. couldn't find a way to do it.

Please advice!
Thanks

Attachments

• Compile_Error.jpg
    Compile_Error.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 84

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Can you confirm that this is the MS version of the sim? Can you confirm whether you are able to start the sim normally? At the moment I cannot replicate this but it seems to be related to the way that the sim is started via the package tool

Country
kuwait
Can you confirm that this is the MS version of the sim? Can you confirm whether you are able to start the sim normally? At the moment I cannot replicate this but it seems to be related to the way that the sim is started via the package tool
1) Indeed. This is the Microsoft version and not the Steam version.
2) Yes, I'm able to run the sim and fly around using any aircraft. The sim works fine. it's just the building process that pops out that error.

Thanks for looking into this!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK Try running the sim and then ADE. Load your project and call Build. Does the build now work since the sim is already running? Or do you get another error?

Also please tell me the SDK version you are using. I assume you are running the latest sim update

Also in the SDK folders find the fsPackageTool.exe

1622117168928.png

Country
germany
For me, the problem started after I had first updated Windows 10 to the latest 21H1 update.
After that, MSFS (Microsoft) also liked to have an update, which I let it perform.

After these procedures, I wasn't able to build my package any more.

Country
kuwait
OK Try running the sim and then ADE. Load your project and call Build. Does the build now work since the sim is already running? Or do you get another error?

Also please tell me the SDK version you are using. I assume you are running the latest sim update

Also in the SDK folders find the fsPackageTool.exe

View attachment 73649
Running ADE and Building the Airport comes out with no Errors at all. Yet, there is no Airport built at all :confused:
Folder_Empty.jpg

community_empty.jpg

Yes, Using SDK 0.12.0.0.
Yes, The fsPackageTool.exe is there in the ..\Bin\ folder

Thanks!

Country
germany
When the sim is running and I load my project into ADE, the "Build project" command will display the "Copy to community?" dialogbox without any delay. No terminal window pops up for the build process.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
SDK 0.12.0.0 is released. It might be worth installing that
When the sim is running and I load my project into ADE, the "Build project" command will display the "Copy to community?" dialogbox without any delay. No terminal window pops up for the build process.
What version of ADE are you using?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Seems like something is broken with the fs Package Tool calling the sim for the compilers.

I would be interested in hearing from folks who have not experienced this issue