• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE For MSFS Error.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
sorry Andy. can you please tell me again what the issue is and what version of MSFS you are using.

Country
us-newyork
runways, aprons and taxiways have attributes to clear vegetation. Vegetation can be set using a scenery polygon. According to one of my contacts in Asobo MSFS abuses aprons. You will find that there are up to 10 times as many aprons for a MSFS airport against the same airport for FSX. There is even a surface material called CLEAR_SURFACE which I have not checked but suspect it might clear the ground?
I am working on my home airport KELM, which had a major taxiway modification/upgrade in 2018 that is not shown in MSFS, since the airport is based on a 2014 Bing satellite photo.

Indeed there are a LOT of individual aprons. Whether done by AI or by hand, I have to say Asobo did a great job precisely contouring the edges of several hangar ramps to follow the contour of the satellite photo.

They even placed aprons off-airport to form the parking lots of two shopping centers which are about 1/2 mile east and south of the airport proper. I assume this was done to cover satellite imagery of actual parked cars in the lots. I would have thought this would have been part of the Blackshark processing of the sim world, but in this case the parking lots are included the default airport APX file, even though they are quite a way outside of the airport perimeter.

The default MSFS airport has far too many GA parking spots, and the link system connecting them is overly complex, so I have removed them all, and will simplify the links with ADE.

In the r/w airport taxiway upgrade, they built a new parallel taxiway adjacent to the main runway running through what used to be grass, then removed two intersecting taxiways and built two new ones about 500 feet away to join up with the new parallel.

At the real airport, the old intersecting taxiways were demolished, and backfilled with dirt, with new grass planted on top. Of course in the sim, they still appear as part of the underlying satellite image, so I am going to have to cover them.

From what I have seen in some tutorial videos, the best way to disguise unwanted satellite imagery that is not part of an existing ramp, is to use an apron, with a vegetation surface. The type of vegetation, (grass in this case), height, color transparency and falloff can all be adjusted. This will probably be my last step, after exporting the ADE project and loading it into the in-sim scenery tools so I can see the adjustments to the vegetation color and blending in real time.

Last edited:
Country
ca-ontario
VCRuntime140_1.dll is not found. I reinstalled the sdk twice with the same result (version 0.9.0.0) the file is visible in the system32 folder.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is not something I understand. Sorry. Does this happen when you run the build? ADE doesn't use a library like that. If you Google: VCRuntime140_1.dll is not found. There are a lot of hits including how fix the issue.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I am working on my home airport KELM, which had a major taxiway modification/upgrade in 2018 that is not shown in MSFS, since the airport is based on a 2014 Bing satellite photo.

Indeed there are a LOT of individual aprons. Whether done by AI or by hand, I have to say Asobo did a great job precisely contouring the edges of several hangar ramps to follow the contour of the satellite photo.

They even placed aprons off-airport to form the parking lots of two shopping centers which are about 1/2 mile east and south of the airport proper. I assume this was done to cover satellite imagery of actual parked cars in the lots. I would have thought this would have been part of the Blackshark processing of the sim world, but in this case the parking lots are included the default airport APX file, even though they are quite a way outside of the airport perimeter.

The default MSFS airport has far too many GA parking spots, and the link system connecting them is overly complex, so I have removed them all, and will simplify the links with ADE.

In the r/w airport taxiway upgrade, they built a new parallel taxiway adjacent to the main runway running through what used to be grass, then removed two intersecting taxiways and built two new ones about 500 feet away to join up with the new parallel.

At the real airport, the old intersecting taxiways were demolished, and backfilled with dirt, with new grass planted on top. Of course in the sim, they still appear as part of the underlying satellite image, so I am going to have to cover them.

From what I have seen in some tutorial videos, the best way to disguise unwanted satellite imagery that is not part of an existing ramp, is to use an apron, with a vegetation surface. The type of vegetation, (grass in this case), height, color transparency and falloff can all be adjusted. This will probably be my last step, after exporting the ADE project and loading it into the in-sim scenery tools so I can see the adjustments to the vegetation color and blending in real time.

That sounds like some project. I am working on making it possible to work on a project with both ADE and the in sim tools. That means moving away from the ADE format to store the data and using the package sources. Still thinking about how best to do it

Country
ca-ontario
Yes, it happens when I try to build. The fixes all say the dll must not be there, but Like I say, I can see it. I even renamed the file, then took one from a fix site to replace it, still get the same error.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Then it is probably not registered. Where is it?

Country
ca-ontario
Actually, i tried another one, downloaded from Microsoft, rebooted and it completed the build. Loaded up and I'm at the field! It's not pretty, but I didn't expect it to be. Thanks for the suggestions. Now I'll have a bunch of other things to ask once I start getting it figured out. ;)