• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE-GP Exception

There's no vertex in any likely position, so it must be the 100m chunking.

The earlier probelm I thought I had with the line vertex moves was not a logic problem. Rather, it was due to some old data I had in my test airport.

SO, I'm going to re-enable it, but disable the 100m. chunking in a release in the next couple of minutes.

Don

I removed everything except the flatten, runway and surrounding polygon but, (fortunately) I missed four chevron lines. Compiled with 0.0.66 and this gave a completely different result.

The surrounding polygon seems ok but the four lines are missing their northern segments.



Project attached.
 
Last edited:
I recompiled my full test file with 0.0.66 and was surprised to see that the GP bgl was only a fraction of what it was using the previous version.

It has missed out segments of many of the lines.



 
Last edited:
Right.

I changed nothing, just recompiled with 0.0.66.
This is what I had with 0.0.63:

63missingoutlines.jpg


This is what I get with 0.0.66:

66missingoutlines.jpg
 
Roby, as George reported in another thread, there is a problem with very large polys. Perhaps it's not a large poly problem after all. Maybe it's related to the change I made yesterday to allow for large files.

I'm working on it

Don
 
Tom, Jon, George, I didn't notice your posts south of Roby's whenI responded to his.

I'm working with brand new lines. I also compiled the airport in case there was something remaining.

With 0.0.66 I don't get the error when I just click on the white area, but I do get the error when I drag a vertical line vertically so the top end is at the top edge of the texture. It is a long line with a width of 1 foot.
If you are working with new lines, then something is definitely still wrong. I wasn't able to reproduce it last night, but I'll try again today.

BTW, I realized late last night (long after you would have cared) that a recompile wouldn't have made any difference in this case. There was a general texture scaling problem until about 0.0.62. It only affected the editor. It is corrected following an edit. But it would not have been corrected during the "silent edit" prior to compile.

I notice on the zoom errors that ADE is not that much zoomed. ADE can zoom to 100 and the screenshots show values less than 10. I am also not sure how the zoom level in ADE can affect the GP Editor since no information related to that is passed to the Editor.
Jon, the ADE_GP zoom error will not affect the data passed to ADE. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to reproduce the error on my system. I applied a fix for a specific, related problem in 0.0.65. It MAY also address the maximum zoom issue. If those zoom exceptions are still happening, please, someone, give me instructions for on how to reliably replicate it.

I removed everything except the flatten, runway and surrounding polygon but, (fortunately) I missed four chevron lines. Compiled with 0.0.66 and this gave a completely different result.
George, the 100m "stuff" was back in 0.0.66 and the big poly seems OK - at least the extraneous triangle isn't there. As I intimated to Roby, the missing lines suggest the change I made to allow the compiler to accept large files may be the cause, not the 100m chunking. That's next on my list.

Don
 
With 0.0.66 I don't get the error when I just click on the white area, but I do get the error when I drag a vertical line vertically so the top end is at the top edge of the texture. It is a long line with a width of 1 foot.
Tom, I've tried a variety of lines and don't get the error message when I drag a vertical line vertically with the vertical drag button (or a horizontal line horizontally).

The logic is simple. I calculate the pixel position of left and right edges of the currently selected pattern. Then, for each pair of points in the line, I calculate the midpoint. Only if one of those midpoints falls outside the left or right edges of the pattern do I generate the message.

Please send me the ADE file containing the problem line and I'll try again.

Don
 
Hi,

Here is the ADE file. It happens with the long crooked line along the north side of the airport. It doesn't happen with short lines (usually).

Right click - Edit Object

Select all the vertices by dragging the mouse around them.

Press the Up/Down Move button.

Drag the top end of the line to the top edge of the texture.

Let go - the error message appears.

Hope this helps,
 

Attachments

Problem found, Tom. Because your line was so long, it was only one pixel wide on the display. Due to rounding, it appeared your line had been moved laterally. (If you had zoomed the display such that the line was several pixels wide, all would have been OK.)

Now fixed.

Don
 
Back
Top