ADE-GP Helpers

The conversion of helpers to GPs is a great step forward, however, my problem is that the helper handles are huge.

I needed a rectangular GP so I created a rectangular helper, but fould it very difficult to position the helper over the correct spot:

Ignore the photo background, it is not my AFD but one uploaded earlier by someome testing the GP editor,

tgibson

Resource contributor
To get around this problem with the fat lines when a polygon or line is selected, I drag the vertices to a reasonable arrangement, then click away from the object to remove all the fat stuff. Then I re-select it and make adjustments.

Hope this helps,

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK - this is an ADE issue - I am not sure I have control over the size of those handles since they are generated by the graphics engine. Also they are only present if you have the ProKey as I recall.

It seems that the GP Editor brings into focus the use of much smaller objects than ADE is used to handling

It seems that the GP Editor brings into focus the use of much smaller objects than ADE is used to handling
Too true.

I have found problems when inserting vertices into polylines. They tend to kink the line. It would be very useful to have a "Straighten links" option.