ADE-GP Textures

I am attempting to add a new texture sheet but have fallen at the first hurdle.

I have a bmp in Textures_dpy\ and a DXT1 in Textures\.

When I open the ADE-GP Texture Editor, I can't see my texture in the listbox:

Edit. I don't understand the order in the listbox.

Edit 2. I was able to add an entry to Texture_Def.txt :)

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Hi,

I'm hoping this can be made to work. I will be adding more polygon textures soon, and want to try adding a line at some point...

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Don has added a Texture Editor function in the library - try Tools > GP Texture Editor ;)

gadgets

Resource contributor
When I open the ADE-GP Texture Editor, I can't see my texture in the listbox:
Not surprised. I neglected to include the line of code whereby new textures were added to the list. Fixed in 0.0.34.

I don't understand the order in the listbox.
For consistency, the order in the list box is the same as the order in the combo boxes on the editor - which you can control. New textures will be at the bottom until you direct they be placed elsewhere.

Don

Last edited:
Well, the Texture editor appeared to work, but on exit I got an error and the call home also gave an error :eek:

BTW. It didn't update Texture_Def.txt

Log file attached.

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Can't do much about the "call-home" issue. But, it would have been nice to know what the first exception message (partially hidden) said and what you did that triggered it.

Don

Can't do much about the "call-home" issue. But, it would have been nice to know what the first exception message (partially hidden) said and what you did that triggered it.

Don
It is repeatable. I clicked on "Update Definition File"

"Copy of gp_MyTexture.bmp" is in Textures_dpy and in Textures.

Log file attached to previous post.

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
This issue only arises if you tell the editor to insert the new texture in the last slot and then repeat that operation. Thee problem is now fixed, but since there is a workaround (save the new texture to a lower numbered slot) I won't re-release until I'vs addressed a couple other issues.

Don