• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS AIFP for MSFS

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks. I'll re-release shortly as 3.4.1.6.

That's a big traffic file!!!

Country
us-northcarolina
Is there a way to change the location of the compile...AIFP wants to do this: C:\AIFP\Traffic Files\F20\Traffic_Traffic_AIG_SouthwestAirlines_Summer_2019.bgl... but I want to put it here?
L:\MSFS 2020\Community\AI Traffic\Scenery\World\scenery but doesn't seem to want to allow me to do that... I have to copy and paste everytime.

I am using the IVAO aircraft to substitute for now.....they are sitting here? L:\MSFS 2020\Community\AI Traffic\Scenery\World\traffic\SimObjects\Airplanes...in this folder..is that ok and will the ai's show up. I also did this to keep the default ai's from showing up? Hope it wasn't a no-no : from a post in AIG but its my doing..not there's...

"and of course the appropriate layout.json and manifest.json files. You can erase default traffic by opening "fs-base-ai-traffic" and deleting from "layout.json the following:

{
"path": "scenery/world/traffic/trafficAircraft.bgl",
"size": 38992829,
"date": 132449093750000000
},"

If i screwed that up...don't know how to add the right line back...oh well...

I ordered the xbox controller so i could use the drone feature so i could observe and see if any ai's are showing up that I set up in AIFP....Delta, United and Southwest from the summer schedule from AIG...

BobM.

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
On the main screen with a flight plan loaded there is a Compile button at the lower left. Just to the right of that is a text box named Compiled File Path. Enter the desired path into this box, including the BGL file name. This path should be remembered from then on.

Country
us-northcarolina
Well thanks Tom....will give it a try......you seeing (if you have tried) any ai's from flight plans in MSFS?

UPDATE: Did that...If I open the bgl from flight plans..its opens the msfs location but at the bottom..it has defaulted again to C: AIFP etc.....so cannot I not just set it up to save the bgl's in the scenery folder I mentioned before? L:\MSFS 2020\Community\AI Traffic\Scenery\World\scenery where all the bgl's will be saved and not have to play games with each bgl..... The compile parameters that come up in left top corner are grayed out so I can't do anything there?

Take care of yourself!!!
BobM.

Attachments

• AIFP Pic1.PNG
    AIFP Pic1.PNG
    312.7 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Sorry for the delay in responding, Bob. I was away yesterday.

First, re specification of compile-to path. Please take a look at section 4.6 off the user manual. AIFP remembers the previous compile-to path and should initialize to that path on startup. Unfortunately. while the path is saved, it does not get reinitialized. I'll investigate. Once fixed, that should go a long way to meeting your expectations for a "permanent" F20 path.

As to the aircraft in the community folder, AIFP expects the same folder configuration as in the Official folder, i.e., a top folder named for the aircraft, containing a folder named "SimObjects", containing a folder named "Airplanes", containing the aircraft. Your configuration as described above does not conform.

If anyone can provide documentation to the effect that AIFP's expectation is incorrect, please forward it.

Country
us-northcarolina
Thanks Don..will give it a tryse..

No Luck at all......In compile parameters and missing MSFS only p3dv4 showing...its all grayed out... Can't get to IVAO aircraft from substitute aircraft..only list asobo stuff...No "mount MSFS" aircraft and didn't work when i last saw it......so really not sure what to do. I have only the 3.1.4,.6 installed..removed all the old versions.

BobM.

Attachments

• AIIFP Pic 2.PNG
    AIIFP Pic 2.PNG
    499.3 KB · Views: 205
  • AIIFP Pic 3.PNG
    AIIFP Pic 3.PNG
    395.1 KB · Views: 254
  • AIIFP Pic 4.PNG
    AIIFP Pic 4.PNG
    68.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bob, et al, I have just posted Development Release 3.4.1.6(a). I have confirmed that the current general release does not initialize the compile-to path for MSFS2020 to the last-specified path. The correct path is saved (you can see it in AIFP.ini) but is ignored. The problem appears to be related solely to F20.

Would any MSFS2020 users of AIFP please download and install the new development release and confirm that all is now well. Also, would few non-F20 users please install the new release to confirm that the last-specified compile-to path is still automatically selected on startup, and report any issues.

Country
us-northcarolina
Bob, et al, I have just posted Development Release 3.4.1.6(a). I have confirmed that the current general release does not initialize the compile-to path for MSFS2020 to the last-specified path. The correct path is saved (you can see it in AIFP.ini) but is ignored. The problem appears to be related solely to F20.

Would any MSFS2020 users of AIFP please download and install the new development release and confirm that all is now well. Also, would few non-F20 users please install the new release to confirm that the last-specified compile-to path is still automatically selected on startup, and report any issues.
Just happened onto 3.4.1.6(a) Ok I finally found the aircraft folder but it crashes.. I added the layout of aircraft folder (pic 3) just now

Details:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at AIFP3._4__Dev_.Common.MakeInstalledACFileItemList(String sSearchString, List`1& listACFolders_, Int32 fFSVer, List`1& listAC, Int32 fReportDups)
at AIFP3._4__Dev_.SelectAircraft.rbSelect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnCheckedChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.set_Checked(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AIFP3
Assembly Version: 3.4.1.2
Win32 Version: 3.4.1.2
CodeBase: file:///C:/AIFP3416/AIFP3.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4270.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
ASToFra.Interfaces
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/AIFP3416/ASToFra.Interfaces.DLL
ASToFra.TextureObject
CodeBase: file:///C:/AIFP3416/ASToFra.TextureObject.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectModel3D
CodeBase: file:///C:/AIFP3416/ASToFra.ObjectModel3D.DLL
ASToFra.FSUtils
CodeBase: file:///C:/AIFP3416/ASToFra.FSUtils.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectRenderer
CodeBase: file:///C:/AIFP3416/ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.DLL
ASToFra.ObjectReader
CodeBase: file:///C:/AIFP3416/ASToFra.ObjectReader.DLL
CSGL12DLL
Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/AIFP3416/CSGL12DLL.DLL
ASToFra.ParticleEffects
CodeBase: file:///C:/AIFP3416/ASToFra.ParticleEffects.DLL
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks,
BobM.

Attachments

• AIFP 3.4.1.6(a) Pic 1.PNG
    AIFP 3.4.1.6(a) Pic 1.PNG
    222.1 KB · Views: 169
  • AIFP 3.4.1.6(a) Pic2 .PNG
    AIFP 3.4.1.6(a) Pic2 .PNG
    201.7 KB · Views: 176
  • AIFP 3.4.1.6(a) Pic3 .PNG
    AIFP 3.4.1.6(a) Pic3 .PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 157
  • AIFP ini.txt
    4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bob, you've certainly provided me with a lot of information. Unfortunately, there's not much context.

The first thing I noticed from the AIFP.ini file was that a "Scenery\world\scenery" component has crept into your MSFS2020-resident compile-to specifications. That probably is the basis of the crash since there's no such folder set in MSFS2020, but there's no way for me to prove it. I have just posted 3.4.1.6(b) which should prevent that from recurring. But I recommend you delete (or at least disable) the AIFP.ini file before executing 3.4.1.6(b) to get rid of any such history.

As I noted above, there's insufficient context for me to understand just what you are trying to do. But whatever it is, your initial goal of compiling into the MSFS2020\Community folder is not possible. You may, of course, compile to any folder you wish. But, as noted in the AIFP User manual Section 4.8, when using MSFS2020, you must use the Files\Mount FS2020 Traffic files to set up the traffic file in the Community folder - even if you choose a location in MSFS2020 to save the intermediate files. That being said, I have just discovered that sometime in the past two weeks, my user manual files were overwritten with an older version (that didn't have Section 4.8). The new development release contains the current version of the files.

Country
us-northcarolina
Thanks Don.. In the 3.4.1.6(b)...there is no 4.8 section.... BTW..at top of doc...no reference to MSFS...anyway....Not sure i understand the simobjects layout......where are the simobjects in MSFS...in the ini it refers to L:\MSFS 2020\SimObjects\....
This is all new. Struggling with this..lol...will get it. Maybe someone can write down how we can do this. reading jabloom's stuff but can't make heads or tail and AIG will be a while and Kaiii3 was going to write a kind of tutorial.. until eventually OCI comes out.

In the substitute...there is no option to select...so a little lost there....getting closer i think :) Struggling to "mount traffic files"..is this where I can substitute once they are mounted? I try to select a file but it keep drilling down.. I have a directory with the simobject folder and the layout/manifest but can't select the whole file as a location for all my ivao aircraft.. make sense..lol...prob not.

UPDATE..I used the Layout updater and put my layout jason for both the bgl folder I created and the custom aircraft folder on the exe in the program and now i can select and substitute aircraft and compile to the bgl folder..Am i getting warmer in order to see these aircarfts in the sim? Still don't know what the mount does...anyway.....maybe this will help someone else and in the ivao models in the aircraft cfg I changed the "isAirTraffic=1" from 0 in all the flt sim sections of all the ivao models.

Thanks Don,...BE SAFE!!!!!!!!

BobM.

Attachments

• AIFP ini.txt
    4 KB · Views: 190
  • Testing layout updater and aifp.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 158
  • testing layout for ivao aircraft folder.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
In the 3.4.1.6(b)...there is no 4.8 section.
Not sure why that didn't update. It will be in the next release. In the meantime, the user manual available from the AIFP page menu has Section 4.8. A quick read of that should clear up a few things for you.

MSFS2020 is a VERY different from Flightsim and P3D. Consequently, not all of AIFP's features work with F20. Those that don't should be disabled. Unfortunately, there's a fairly steep learning curve.

It appears from the .ini file you sent you are still trying to manipulate traffic files stored in F20. As I noted earlier, that wont work. While AIFP will open traffic files in any location, once edited the file is not saved back in the proper format for F20. You should get used to opening and saving traffic files from a dedicated location - maybe AIFP's default F20 folder - and later moving any updated files en masse to F20 with the Mount F20 Files function.

Your "Testing layout updater and aifp.txt" looks OK on the surface. But without having the associated files and knowing where the files are to be saved, thats the best I can do. It either works or it doesn't. Don't forget manifest.json.

I'll let others comment on "testing layout for IVAO aircraft.txt".

Country
unitedkingdom
I've just downloaded the newest version and I keep getting error messages. The first says its unable to read the Usercfg.opt file and after clearing that I get another which says Invalid Control registration - MainPanel
The Target Version area is now blank and flight plans airport list also comes up blank - just the airport codes. Any ideas?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
What versions of Flightsim/P3D/MSFS installed? You must have one of them.

Country
unitedkingdom
FS2020, thanks but I've seemed to have fixed it. Had a a little look in the Usercfg.opt file was ticked read only. Unticked that and it seems ok now. Thanks :)

edited,
just found a thread from AIG how to create offline AI in MSFS

Thanks

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Perhaps you would post a link to that thread so that other users can benefit.