• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v2 Alouette 3

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
I don't know, does this look like a good idea? ;)

1.jpg

Country
germany
Of course it would be a nice idea. But on the other hand, your asian/pakistani scenerys are much appreciated as well. I think the lack of nice asian scenerys is way higher than the lack of nice helicopters, and scenerys are made faster as well! So I'd love to see you joining scenery business again as well! Think about it ;) :D

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Of course it would be a nice idea. But on the other hand, your asian/pakistani scenerys are much appreciated as well. I think the lack of nice asian scenerys is way higher than the lack of nice helicopters, and scenerys are made faster as well! So I'd love to see you joining scenery business again as well! Think about it ;) :D

Thanks for the wonderful words but after Mushshak this is just a side project for fun. If it turns out good it will be payware otherwise you guys can look out for a nice freeware ;)

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Well, an Alouette is very nice indeed! We have them in our Airforce since the days of the first sword :D

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Here it is from 3ds max 7, that fuselage is quite difficult to model, i think i'll settle for this ....

A3.jpg

BTW if anybody wants to volunteer for this project ... textures, VC, flight dynamics, anything? send me a PM

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Maybe I am wrong, but Peter Salzgeber is working on a native Payware Alouette III since many, many months. A second one is on it´s way in France http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=61326

But I have no furter details about project Status.

Thomas

Peter's alouette was supposed to be released in April, 2010 .... saddly it never came out ... And I think it'll be OK to have more than one option. But I really wanted Peter's Alouette to come out :(

Country
us-texas
Based on the modeling work and the texture quality of your Saab MFI-17, I think it is an awesome idea!!

Country
us-california
Here it is from 3ds max 7, that fuselage is quite difficult to model, i think i'll settle for this ....

BTW if anybody wants to volunteer for this project ... textures, VC, flight dynamics, anything? send me a PM

Lookin' good! I can help out with the flight dynamics if you need. I could potentially help with other texture/material related stuff, but my time is sort of limited. Depends on the task. ;)

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Lookin' good! I can help out with the flight dynamics if you need. I could potentially help with other texture/material related stuff, but my time is sort of limited. Depends on the task. ;)

Cool I think flight dynamics for this rotory aircraft would be awesome. Let's wait for the project to proceed further.

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Hey guys, I need reference pictures for alouette 3, the main gear and the nose gear assembly is currently required, along with close up shots of the rotor+engine and the tail rotor assembly!

Not sure if these ones are good enough for what you want but figured it was worth the shot
616628_849786681712052_5908569321320283483_o.jpg

1891563_620788757989414_1149915629_o.jpg

1507327_273540706133553_1393789306_o.jpg

1397592_576754615726162_965869887_o.jpg

1398838_592216557507328_1216068658_o.jpg

Looking forward for this!

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Nice (as always)!

Just a question: how detailed will the surface of your model be? As can be observed from the photographs, there's a lot 'big bumpiness' at the fuselage, so I was wondering how far you would go with mesh modelling or bumpmapping instead.

Thumbs up for recreating this bird! It just keeps living on (for 50 years already in the Netherlands) ;)