• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Alpha 19 Released

Country
us-northcarolina
Ok I'm Doing ok with my new airport, all works so far i have my runways, taxiways, my ramps, and all my lights work. I'm trying to add a rotating beacon. no luck, i've installed both towers and a beacon but nothing will work.
Can Someone Please help? Thanks
I am having the exact same problem and I have no answer from my previous post.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I think this has come up a number of times before. The basic beacon that ADE places does not work. It may be that there is a sim object or similar which will work - what have you tried?

Is there a working beacon that can be added via Dev Mode with ADE in Two Way Editing Mode?

Country
us-northcarolina
I think this has come up a number of times before. The basic beacon that ADE places does not work. It may be that there is a sim object or similar which will work - what have you tried?

Is there a working beacon that can be added via Dev Mode with ADE in Two Way Editing Mode?
There was a response in post #49 about how the xml looks in the Dev Mode. The beacon has to be attached to the tower as a part of it.

<!--SceneryObject name: RotatingBeacon_Tower (Beacon)-->
<SceneryObject lat="41.25707220959646" lon="-70.06336094234626" alt="-2.99999999318350" pitch="0.000014" bank="-0.000014" heading="-179.999991" imageComplexity="VERY_SPARSE" altitudeIsAgl="TRUE" snapToGround="FALSE" snapToNormal="FALSE">
<LibraryObject name="{A04B772A-6BBF-4103-B263-D479BCCE71F5}" scale="0.100000"/>
<AttachedObject attachpointName="" instanceId="{B9BBA9EB-6AD1-4084-9EE8-58CEC5366330}" pitch="0.000000" bank="0.000000" heading="0.000000">
<Beacon type="CIVILIAN" baseType="AIRPORT"/>
</AttachedObject>
</SceneryObject>

It might work if you generate this xml when you add a Beacon from the menu. I have not tried Two Way Editing because I am not familiar with Dev Mode. I tried it once before ADE and gave up trying to figure it out.

Country
unitedstates
Still not working.
Screenshot (4).jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).jpg
    Screenshot (7).jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
with FSX ADE you had to put aa bgl of item you were installing in the addon scenery file.

Country
unitedstates
Ok tried opening my airport i created with ADE with MSFS 2020 editor, cant seem to get the BLG to open. Does anyone know how to use the MSFS scenery editor? how does the dual editor work in ADE?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Ok tried opening my airport i created with ADE with MSFS 2020 editor, cant seem to get the BLG to open. Does anyone know how to use the MSFS scenery editor? how does the dual editor work in ADE?

Please read Section 31 of the pdf Notes

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
where do i find that?
I am sorry but have you not been using ADE 2020 before? The pdf Notes have been part of the installation zip since the first alpha release and if you have not read them then you are likely not to be able to use ADE 2020

Country
unitedstates
ok i got the beacon to work, exept it only works after editing it, saving it, and building it. if i quit MSFS, and restart MSFS, the beacon doesnt work.

Country
unitedstates
ok i got the beacon to work, exept it only works after editing it, saving it, and building it. if i quit MSFS, and restart MSFS, the beacon doesnt work.
Does it start working as you get closer to it? There are distance viewing issues in MSFS, and sometimes it affects beacons.

And are you sure you placed your built airport in the Community directory, quit FS, and restarted it?

Country
unitedstates
Sorry, I have no idea. All the beacon objects I've added work.
You've actually turned on the beacon? Just adding the object isn't enough, you have to also check the beacon box in the object properties. I don't know if Jon has added to that to ADE yet. I do all my editing in the default Scenery editor after I create the airport project with ADE.

Country
unitedstates
ok thanks. The problem i'm having, i go into the msfs editor i find the beacon tower, yes i am able to turn the tower on in properties, i dont know if im saving it and building it right. after saving it and building it it works fine, then when i exit editor, restart msfs the tower wont work.

Country
unitedstates
ok thanks. The problem i'm having, i go into the msfs editor i find the beacon tower, yes i am able to turn the tower on in properties, i dont know if im saving it and building it right. after saving it and building it it works fine, then when i exit editor, restart msfs the tower wont work.
So, I haven't heard you say, "After saving my scenery (button on the editor window), building my package (select the project name and hit the "Build Package" button on the inspector window), and then moving my package to my Community folder and restarting flight simulator, I don't see my beacon tower that I not only placed, but also turned on the beacon in the object properties window options".... Just checking.... (you don't "turn the tower on", there is a option in the object properties that needs to be checked to activate the beacon... sorry, when debugging, I'm a stickler for language and saying exactly what needs to be done. "Turning the tower on" could just as easily mean you selected the tower and placed it.).

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hey Jon any word on Alpha 20? if there will be one, and what will be added to it?
There will be an alpha 20. At the moment I am on vacation away from my development computer and don't have the work list for it to hand