• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

BGL2XML help

Country
us-california
I'm trying to import ARTCC into Pilot2ATC and it needs the bvcf.BGL file in scenery/world/scenery and BGL2XML will create the bvcf.BGL.xml file that Pilot2ATC will use to import ARTCC centers.

Issue is, regardless how I try to do this, I always get the message in the log window from BGL2XML:

Using ScruffyDuck Decompiler
Decompile Completed

[File was compiled with the UNKNOWN Compiler]

The xml file does create, but is 1kb in size and only contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!-- Created by Scenery Design Engine (SDE) on 7/22/2020 -->
<FSData
version="9.0"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd">
</FSData>

Obviously something is wrong and I can't figure out what the issue is as there is no instructions anywhere on how to do this. I know it should be showing that it was compiled using the correct sim version, but this is indicating that it doesn't know what sim version I have?

Someone help!!!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Please post the file you are trying to decompile. What version of the Sim is the file from and what version of Bgl2Xml ae you using (I assume it is a GUI version)

Country
us-california
The file is bvcf.bgl ... sim is P3Dv4.5 - the file is located in the main sim directory - scenery/world/scenery file and is installed as part of the sim from FSX all the way on up (not a 3rd party file)
I did manage to find another version of the bgl2xml that did come with instructions, but just pointing to the bgl file resulted in a successful decompile to xml (it did still say unknown compiler but it worked). I’ll see if I can find the version that worked vs the version that did not work and reply here (I deleted the non working one once the other one worked). Both were GUI versions.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - It works fine here for the versions I have. It probably says unknown compiler because I have not updated the code to recognize that sim version. That won't affect the decompile

Country
us-california
Version that worked is:
Versions:
Application 01.03.7
Engine 05.05.0

Version that decompiled an empty xml (same bgl file):
Versions:

Application 01.08.6708.29619
Engine 04.75.6708.27954