FSX Bgl2XmlGui.exe not decompiling my .bgl

I made the mistake of loosing my coordinates for my photoscenery that I made with model convertor X and need to use this program to decompile my .BGL.

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I drop my .bgl over the Bgl2XmlGui.exe and it doesnt do anything. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks Ryan

"Decompiling......
BGL ID 1 not correct
"

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The error message means that the Bgl file was not created using BglComp. BGl2Xml therefore cannot extract data from it.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You made her with modelconverterx out with resample? In the first case bglanalyze should be able to decompile it. Or if you just want the coordinates, you can open it with modelconverterx again.

Send from my phone using Tapatalk, so excuse the short sentences and possible typos

Thank you for the replies.

I have put it in MDX and it is giving me a couple of errors. I can't believe that I lost my coordinates and this seems to be the only way to get them back. On all 3 of my exported ground polys, Grass,Photo,Taxiways/Runways I get this error, and all my coordinates are different.

Thanks Ryan

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
And no object is showing? I'll try to check what that opcode is later.

Did you try bglanalyze already?

Send from my phone using Tapatalk, so excuse the short sentences and possible typos

Yes I have tried it and it will not do anything. I dragged and dropped my file and I also dragged another files from a different scenery and that did nothing either. What version should i be using, because I am using the fsx one.

Thanks Ryan

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Bglanalyzex is the fsx version. You need the pre-fs2004 version that is called bglanalyze.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
To expand on Arno's reply. There are three versions of BglAnalyze that I am aware of:

• BglAnalyze which works for pre 2004 files
  • NewBglAnalyze which is for FS9
  • BglAnalyzeX which is for FSX.

Bgl2Xml GUI works only with Bgl files created by BglComp for FS9 or later

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
It is available on avsim as far as I know.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You better dissamble to sca and then look for the coordinates in the refpoint command. The coordinates in your screenshot are from the header of the entire bgl file.