• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Blender2MSFS support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
canada
Please help me with exporting textures, I tried everything I can... I imported two bus models to Blender, and exported them - both models show up white. No textures. I'm attaching the Blender file just in case. Models show up fine in Blender, with textures. The texture files are actually exported in the ../texture/ folder in the scenery. Objects show up in the scenery builder, but there are no textures, they are all white. Any advice appreciated.

Attachments

• bus2.zip
    635.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Country
australia
I had the same (?) problem as Milan05 -- textures switching from one object to another. I discussed it in this thread a few pages back. The problem went away after I stopped exporting the textures from Blender and replaced them in the source package with new copies that hadn't been exported. I don't know what the cause was exactly but I have had no problems since and I have exported many, many times.
To clarify how I fixed this - it was through the advice of Vitus. I stripped my model completely of textures and then used smart uv project. Then I manually added every material back...tedious yes, but it had to be done, all works well now except the LODs I mentioned in my previous post which I can't work out how to get going correctly

Country
greece
To clarify how I fixed this - it was through the advice of Vitus. I stripped my model completely of textures and then used smart uv project. Then I manually added every material back...tedious yes, but it had to be done, all works well now except the LODs I mentioned in my previous post which I can't work out how to get going correctly

I think i had the same issue, and what i did was to simply rename the texture filename to something else and re-export. This somehow made the textures appear on the correct parts of the mesh.

Country
australia
The Blender2MSFS toolkit doesn't provide an import option, it's strictly export only.

@Milan05 This is the first time I'm hearing of this, so chances are that this is something on your end. Does you object have a valid UV?

Thanks Vitos. Ok then, so I cannot import the model. I get errors
1600838354171.png

Im new to this so please excuse me if Im missing something obvious

:: ALso, this tute
shows him imprting using MSFS in the import options.

Country
france
Hi !

I have a problem while installing the .zip "Blender2MSFS toolkit". (Maybe the same of OffTheRicta)
After installation, I check the box but it gives me errors messages about the location of the files in my Blender directory, and cannot be activated.
Any ideas ?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Blenderext.jpg
    Blenderext.jpg
    760.8 KB · Views: 135
Country
finland
Hi !

I have a problem while installing the .zip "Blender2MSFS toolkit". (Maybe the same of OffTheRicta)
After installation, I check the box but it gives me errors messages about the location of the files in my Blender directory, and cannot be activated.
Any ideas ?

Thank you.
Addon doesn’t work with Blender 2.90, you need to have Blender 2.83

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
@OfftTheRicta and Anthony Cls,

You seem to be confusing two products: Blender2MSFS proposed by Vitus which does not allow the import of glTF files as he reminded several times in this post and MSFS2Blender which is a development made by another person and has nothing to do with the work of Vitus.
The Vitus's plugin is to create aircraft, objects for scenery etc, not to make reverse engineering and modify UV mapping in order to create livreries :scratchch

If using the second one, the import plugin doesn't work as you want it, the best thing to do is to go on github and ask questions about on the page where you found this plugin.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Hi guys,
I uploaded the new version 0.40.0 of the Blender toolkit to the resource section. This should get rid of the repetitive remarks in this thread about the Plugin not being compatible with Blender 2.90 - because it now IS compatible with Blender 2.90. :D

To achieve this compatibility I now included all scripts of the Khronos glTF exporter and modified them to work with our addon. Hopefully, this should prevent these problems in the future until the Blender Foundation decides to change up the API again....

We had this version in testing for a couple of days now, and I haven't heard of any problems because of the new structure. But in case you find something. please let me know!

The second change is about the logic of GUID generation. I received some feedback from the scenery community that GUIDs should be generated on a per-model basis, rather than per scene. So now, the GUID is not saved with the scene anymore. Instead, when overwriting an XML, the GUID of that file is retained. A new GUID is only created when you generate a new XML file. I hope that makes it easier for you.

There's still a few items on my wishlist for the addon and I go through them as I find the time.

Thank you every one who donated in this round of development, it means the world to me!

Country
australia
@OfftTheRicta and Anthony Cls,

You seem to be confusing two products: Blender2MSFS proposed by Vitus which does not allow the import of glTF files as he reminded several times in this post and MSFS2Blender which is a development made by another person and has nothing to do with the work of Vitus.
The Vitus's plugin is to create aircraft, objects for scenery etc, not to make reverse engineering and modify UV mapping in order to create livreries :scratchch

If using the second one, the import plugin doesn't work as you want it, the best thing to do is to go on github and ask questions about on the page where you found this plugin.
Thank you so much for pointing this out. I had trouble finding the later so when I found Blender2.... I figured I had read wrong.
I will start agian with the correct files.
Cheers.

Country
australia
Have you had any issues with actually spotting the LOD scenery in the scenery list? I havent been able to actually see my LOD scenery in the scenery list even after following the right processes shown here:

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Alternatively as LODs seem to be a bit hit and miss for a few people, does anyone know how to stop my model from popping in only when right over the top of it? My model is <100mb and <500k vertices but still pops in. How can I fix it so that it loads perfectly for users even from a distance, even if that is through one high level of detail all the time.

Country
france
Addon doesn’t work with Blender 2.90, you need to have Blender 2.83

Thanks for your messages !

Indeed I did with the previous version of Blender2MSFS toolkit and it works !
But I have an issues in FSDevelopper, maybe it is the source of the problem...

I'll try with the Blender2MSFS toolkit 0.40.0 new version.

Thank you !

Country
france
Please help me with exporting textures, I tried everything I can... I imported two bus models to Blender, and exported them - both models show up white. No textures. I'm attaching the Blender file just in case. Models show up fine in Blender, with textures. The texture files are actually exported in the ../texture/ folder in the scenery. Objects show up in the scenery builder, but there are no textures, they are all white. Any advice appreciated.

The texture (.PNG) is not in the ZIP file, so we can't check or find the problem.
Can you add it.

Country
france

After checkin you model, using my own texture, it seem that you have many "Materials" in the "Cude.001_cube...
Material.001
Material.002
etc

Only Material001 has MSFS parameters correctly configured.
The others materials don't have any MSFS materials selected in Material mode.

In my Blender, the bus is shown in White. After selecting MSFS Standard in material mode for all sub-materials. It's seem to be correct.

Country
us-arizona
There are a lot of different materials assigned to the bus and none of them appear to be setup correctly with MSFS materials. **EDIT Yes, there was one material that had an Albedo setup correctly, that's the material I renamed to MSFS.Bus2 just to be clean.

Attached an updated file with a single material with all faces assigned to it. Now, just select the textures in the MSFS Materials Params area.

** To check the faces with materials goto the materials tab with the object in "Edit Mode" and deselect all faces. Now, click a material and then click the button "Select" and it will show which faces are assigned to that material. There were multiple sets of faces in the bus that didn't have any MSFS materials. Hopefully this was a little part you were missing with the materials and mesh faces. Same goes for assigning faces to different materials, select only the faces you want for a specific material then click the "Assign" button. As long as the materials are MSFS and have proper textures you'll have a multi-material mesh. When the object is in "Object Mode", you can remove unnecessary materials from the mesh with "-" to keep it clean.

Attachments

• bus2_UpdatedMats.zip
    591.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Country
us-arizona
Hi guys,
I uploaded the new version 0.40.0 of the Blender toolkit to the resource section. This should get rid of the repetitive remarks in this thread about the Plugin not being compatible with Blender 2.90 - because it now IS compatible with Blender 2.90. :D

To achieve this compatibility I now included all scripts of the Khronos glTF exporter and modified them to work with our addon. Hopefully, this should prevent these problems in the future until the Blender Foundation decides to change up the API again....

We had this version in testing for a couple of days now, and I haven't heard of any problems because of the new structure. But in case you find something. please let me know!

The second change is about the logic of GUID generation. I received some feedback from the scenery community that GUIDs should be generated on a per-model basis, rather than per scene. So now, the GUID is not saved with the scene anymore. Instead, when overwriting an XML, the GUID of that file is retained. A new GUID is only created when you generate a new XML file. I hope that makes it easier for you.

There's still a few items on my wishlist for the addon and I go through them as I find the time.

Thank you every one who donated in this round of development, it means the world to me!
Any chance of the ability to apply IES files to lights for export to MSFS? This would be a seriously cool thing to have.

Wonderful job on getting up to date with 2.9 thank you, installing now.

Dropped you a lil sumsum, cheers!

Last edited:
I have the same problem. No textures in the texture folder made in blender before exporting. Should i make the model and texture folders first then run blender ,import the roc capture. After exporting checked the texture folder no textures. I checked the texture ..\texture\ created the guid ticked all the relavent boxes xml there, version 1.0 needs to be 1.1 easy to change i am an gmax and 3ds max user. I have a problem inporting gmax fmdl files into the updated 3ds max. Iwant to import my fsx mdl (Barton Highlevel etc) but no joy looks like i have to stsrt over. help

Country
philippines
Hi guys, any idea if we can export the object from the whole scene and make the object's origin automatically in its geometry on the SIM? without manually moving the object to the world origin in blender?

Status
Not open for further replies.