• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Blender2MSFS support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
because not joining them as one object doesn't work. If you have multiple materials on multiple objects you MUST join all your objects into one object before exporting

If you are using Blender, there is an addon called BakeLabs 2, that will allow you to 'bake' all your textures and objects into ONE image.

Country
us-arizona
Sorry I have no idea what you mean by Power of 2.
These are examples of textures using dimensions in power of 2: 2x2 4x4 8x8 16x16 32x32 64x64 128x128 256x256 512x512 1024x1024 2048x2048 etc... combinations of these can be like so: 1024x2048 512x2048 256x1024 etc.. all textures made for MSFS 2020 must be made this way or they will not work. Not really common knowledge for those who don't have a lot of experience developing for game engines.

Country
canada
For example, are they all something like 1024 x 1024 or 2048 x 2048 etc.

Yes they are 2x2. The thing I don't understand is It worked for me the first time I tried it, as I was able to export the example in this video with no problem but I can not replicate this again.

Country
australia
So has anyone worked out why objects pop in when you're right over the top of them?

With LODs not working there doesnt seem to be a way to fix this issue.

Country
netherlands
So has anyone worked out why objects pop in when you're right over the top of them?

Hi, I've seen this questions unsanswered at multiple places so here goes, I fixed my models in this way. In blender you have to make sure to apply and use the right scale. I'm still not exactly sure which parameters are the best but its working for me with these settings:
object parameters > transform > scale: x (0.004), y (0.004), z (0.004).
object parameters > delta transform > scale: x (1), y (1), z (1).
I'm working with metric, not sure if that matters. Now, when you set these parameters, the object will probably deform. After this use >edit mode< , select all (a) and then scale (s) to get them back in shape. I used a quick cube for height reference.
Hope this also works for u.

Here is the weird thing for me, I have created approx 30 objects in my airport and about 10 of them are exactly what you think they should do, they are there when you spawn into the game, the other ones pop in like you said. I have looked for differences in the models that I exported and the parameters but can't find a difference.

Yes they are 2x2. The thing I don't understand is It worked for me the first time I tried it, as I was able to export the example in this video with no problem but I can not replicate this again.

Did you mistype that, are you saying your texture are 2 pixels by 2 pixels.

Country
canada
These are examples of textures using dimensions in power of 2: 2x2 4x4 8x8 16x16 32x32 64x64 128x128 256x256 512x512 1024x1024 2048x2048 etc... combinations of these can be like so: 1024x2048 512x2048 256x1024 etc.. all textures made for MSFS 2020 must be made this way or they will not work. Not really common knowledge for those who don't have a lot of experience developing for game engines.

How do you check in blender to see dimension size of each texture?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
The individual textures doesn't matter. It's the final texture sheet size that matters.

A texture sheet is made up of the individual textures.

Country
australia
Anyone know what the ideal distance for LODs are for being able to see the structure from quite far away.

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi,
Does it possible to have a main direction in this thread?
I understand that a lot or new developers are working on this opus but questions are running in all directions.
This is a thread which talk about Blender2MSFS toolkit.

Country
fiji
Is anyone having problems exporting models made with curves??
(Bended Tubes ) it wont render in the sim.

Only Bended Tubes made with primitives (Cylinder) will work

Last edited:

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
@Tangerine I never tried exporting curves directly, but I could imagine that it doesn't work, because the final geometry would depend on additional parameters. I usually make a copy of the curve and convert them to meshes. I have a bunch of those type of hero-objects in a separate collection that is turned off during export.

Have you ever run into the problem some of your objects are visible right away while others you have to get close.

Solved thanks to TATER:

Here is how I did it.

Select the model, Press Control-A (Apply Menu), select Scale. Save model, export model, build package.

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Have you ever run into the problem some of your objects are visible right away while others you have to get close.

Solved thanks to TATER:

Here is how I did it.

Select the model, Press Control-A (Apply Menu), select Scale. Save model, export model, build package.

I'm glad you got it to work... I do want to stress though, you should always reset the "scale and rotation" (Object mode - Ctrl-A) to ALL models that are created within Blender before any animations are coded and/ or exporting it.

I'm glad you got it to work... I do want to stress though, you should always reset the "scale and rotation" (Object mode - Ctrl-A) to ALL models that are created within Blender before any animations are coded and/ or exporting it.
Thanks, that makes sense. That brings up a question: Do you know of any tutorial on how to do animations.

Country
us-arizona
How do you check in blender to see dimension size of each texture?
Not sure how to do that in Blender. In Windows, you can open file explorer and right-clk a texture and view the properties then go to the "Details" tab to view image dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.