• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Blender2MSFS support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
us-texas
I'm fairly new to Blender and have been trying to get lights to work. Everything exports just fine in Blender, but when I try to build a package all I get is the following error in MSFS:

PackageBuilder | Generating commands for package hunstville-hsv...
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group KHSV...
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group ContentInfo...
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group mymodellib...
glTFLister | Failed to load model: 'C:\Users\tflec\Documents\MyFSProjects\Huntsville\PackageSources\modelLib\lamptest\lamp_test.gltf'.
ModelLibLister | Failed to spawn the gltfLister for input file C:\Users\tflec\Documents\MyFSProjects\Huntsville\PackageSources\modelLib\
PackageBuilder | Failed to spawn lister for asset group mymodellib (type ArtProj)
PackageBuilder | Ready, 1 commands added.
PackageBuilder | Starting the build...
PackageBuilder | Building assets for the package hunstville-hsv...
PackageBuilder | Reloading assets for the package hunstville-hsv...
PackageBuilder | Finished, 1 skipped, 0 done and 1 failed, took 0s075ms.
? false returned by Command=BuildPackages Comment=Rebuild the packages whose name correspond to the given filter, and for the given project (default fs-project.xml) NbParam=2 Line=BuildPackages hunstville-hsv * "C:\Users\tflec\Documents\MyFSProjects\Huntsville\hsv.xml" "C:\Users\tflec\Documents\MyFSProjects\Huntsville" 1
PackageBuilder | Done, 4 asset groups registered.
Failed to find asset group where the given path is located
PackageBuilder | Couldn't find asset configuration during partial build for file C:\Users\tflec\Documents\MyFSProjects\Huntsville\PACKAGES\HUNSTVILLE-HSV\MANIFEST.JSON
PackageBuilder | Partial build : nothing to do

If I remove the light in Blender it will build without any problems.

Been trying everything I can think of and after deleting and reinstalling both the SDK and Blender tools have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Country
us-california
Man I have tried eceryth8ng I can think of to get the emmidive texture to work! Zilch! Last attempt on another model I looked at the nodes and see it has a mixer node. I upped that to white and on the model in blender the night textured windows overrode the normal albedo texture. In game, only albedo texture shows. Perhaps if we could get an exact settings parameters. Node shader should be..for the mixer.. emmisive color 1 plugs in to .... emmisive color 2 .... the big non connected node setting.... for the shadower...... for the settings... drop down selections of the node, the large one that has lighten darken etc. in short can anyone supply a list of the “hard” parameters that should set in order to get an emmidive texture override?

Country
us-california
What you mean?
I mean, most of this discussion is about going from blender to MSFS, no importing MSFS models or having them show in the viewer. So from my angle, on,y heaven knows how that’s done... or Vitus. My guess is the program that builds them needs to export them as a model we can import. Perhaps there is a msfs model importer plugin for blender.. heaven knows :). Did mean to be a d!cz or anything.

Country
malaysia
I
I mean, most of this discussion is about going from blender to MSFS, no importing MSFS models or having them show in the viewer. So from my angle, on,y heaven knows how that’s done... or Vitus. My guess is the program that builds them needs to export them as a model we can import. Perhaps there is a msfs model importer plugin for blender.. heaven knows :). Did mean to be a d!cz or anything.
I just asked about that because there was a post showing that viewer. So, I have tried to open models in that viewer but it seems I'm getting similar error. That's the reason I pointed my question. Anyway thank you very much :).

Country
us-california
No worries! Now if someone can please tell me how to get the emmisive textures to work... like maybe every single setting, I have done day night cycle, black image with the windows lit, followed thestons quickies, but some behind the scenes isn’t working! Frustrated! Lol

Country
australia
Folks I would not count on the Windows Model viewer to work with MSFS glTF. None of the aircraft object I have that are 100% perfect in the sim will show in that viewer. Also can we please try and keep this thread on track for the Blender plugin specificially.

Country
australia
Folks I would not count on the Windows Model viewer to work with MSFS glTF. None of the aircraft object I have that are 100% perfect in the sim will show in that viewer. Also can we please try and keep this thread on track for the Blender plugin specificially.

For that matter, Blender also doesn't give a good indication of what will happen in sim, I found some interesting things today while I built a tutorial on making glass façade buildings and learning the ropes of materials :D

I'll edit the video tomorrow and hopefully can share the tutorial as well. Special thanks to Vitus for Blender2MSFS.

NOTE: I may have some questions about Collision settings but still have 17 pages of threads to read, maybe this tool needs a subforum, Arno?

Country
canada
Somebody pretty please explain how parallax work. I made it work accidentally once, and it works on a custom window I made, which looks very nice, even night emission works, but when I try another object and create new material I can't make it work again. I feel like I'm wandering in the dark, not knowing what I'm doing. I need a clear steps and reuirements for the object and material so parallax window would work every time. I know it's not visible in Blender, that's OK, I almost figured out the settings, I just can't reproduce it in any other object I create. So there must be something in the first object I accidentally changed which I'm missing. I going crazy...

Country
germany
One question regarding GUID. In the "older" version the converter had this issue that it created all the time the same GUID. So I changed the GUID manually - I just switched some numbers.
Is it purely random which GUID is created, or could I now come into problems some time with my manually changed numbers as I now have changed something that I shouldn't have? Should I export the models again with the new converter?

Country
australia
One question regarding GUID. In the "older" version the converter had this issue that it created all the time the same GUID. So I changed the GUID manually - I just switched some numbers.
Is it purely random which GUID is created, or could I now come into problems some time with my manually changed numbers as I now have changed something that I shouldn't have? Should I export the models again with the new converter?
Choose not to export or generate a new guid on export and just use the same XML you set up earlier. Just make sure it has the same name as your gltf and bin

Country
germany
Choose not to export or generate a new guid on export and just use the same XML you set up earlier. Just make sure it has the same name as your gltf and bin
Hi, currently everything is fine - I just wanted to know if due to my manual change (and not knowing the concept behind the numbers) I could mess up things in future. If for example the value I now chose will be used by an official model or something like that.

Country
germany
I have the Problem that when i‘m exporting the model out of blender, i only get the gltf (3d obj) and the xml data. The .bin, .blend and the png is missing in my export folder.?! And when i try to display my 3d obj via double click its empty.??

Country
australia
Hi, currently everything is fine - I just wanted to know if due to my manual change (and not knowing the concept behind the numbers) I could mess up things in future. If for example the value I now chose will be used by an official model or something like that.

If you have your GUID code you can keep it for the life of the model, as long as you only use that GUID once on one object in sim. The chances of your guid being in another addon is about a zillion zillion to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.