• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Blender2MSFS support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit I like materialize for creating the texture maps I need for MSFS however until the RGB save is sorted I'm going to carry on building everything in Blender.

Country
italy
If you use Quixel you don't need the RGB comp texture. You need single maps (height, diffuse, roughness, metalness, AO) for each texture. You create a comp UV once you export your texture from Quixel to image format

Country
italy
This has been done with Quixel Mixer.
Once you are done texturing, set the exporter like this:
1605372484715.png
1605372497297.png

This will generate one correct comp RGB texture, one albedo, and one normal, using all the correct maps from the materials you used, saving you a lot of work.
Also Mixer comes with A LOT of materials (just install all the libraries). And importing yours is really simple and has some good power!

Attachments

• 1605372422553.png
    1605372422553.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 220

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
I have found more bugs in the new Materialize.

1) Saving the individual texture of Metallic and Smoothness is backward, attempting to save the metallic map places the "_smoothness" at the end of the filename and the smoothness map uses the "_metallic" at the end of the filename.

2) When using the batch mode, nothing is saved into the alpha channel, only in batch mode, you get a composite map.

There might be more.

Finally in, are there any simple to follow tutorials on using the software? I have imported my model but that's about it, thanks

Country
canada
Any idea on when the next update will be available? It's a great tool, but the LOD bug really eats the time when working on sceneries.

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I am trying to finalize my windscreen material and am having some trouble with the frost/icing textures. The available texture slots don't have the same name in Blender as in 3D Max and it isn't clear which ones to use or even if the necessary slots exist. I am using the DA62 interior Max sample as a reference. Any help would be appreciated.

Incidentally, I see this thread has been cluttered with many, many posts that are off topic and have nothing at all to do with the Blender to MSFS exporter. As a result, it's very difficult for someone having questions about or issues with the exporter to find any useful information. Perhaps a sub-forum rather than a single thread would be helpful.

Country
russia
I've got an issue with lights shining through geometry. I created a spot light with symmetry (without it it doesnt work at all) and it shines through walls and the light fixture geometry in the sim... It doesn't happen on render though. Could anybody help me out with this? :) Thanks.

Country
greece
At last we're back again...!!My latest post made on Wednesday is unfortunately deleted though...!I have to repost it by tomorrow when I'll get back at my main computer.

Country
philippines
Hi guys, anybody got the the collision option working? I am trying to model a custom terrain and will be part of the taxiways and would like to make the plane pass through it. Any idea?

Country
greece
In the meantime is there any good tutorial (in English) on how to apply on an object with multiple faces different textures & materials on each one of the object's faces,to mapping them correctly in MSFS material params and finally exporting it for use in the sim?

Thanks!

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hello,

Would it be possible to respect the subject of this thread? For many pages we have been talking about everything but not the subject: the toolkit.
It is not very complicated to open a new topic and explain its own problem.
Think of the new subscribers who try to look for information about the toolkit and have to go through all those 40 pages ...

Country
russia
Hello,

Would it be possible to respect the subject of this thread? For many pages we have been talking about everything but not the subject: the toolkit.
It is not very complicated to open a new topic and explain its own problem.
Think of the new subscribers who try to look for information about the toolkit and have to go through all those 40 pages ...
I'd guess my light problem is directly related to the toolkit, so I thought it was appropriate to ask here...

I'm getting all sorts of problems with the third building on my airfield, first time round when I tried out the export with the fspackagetool .exe it goes right through and then I get about 5 lines saying that tangents can’t be exported? It’s strange because one of the models it refers to in the error message is just basically a cube? I tried unchecking the tangent box but then I only get the .xml file exported and not the.bin and gltf files. So I thought when in doubt rebuild it and try again but this time I only put a checkerboard pattern on the model. Using the fspackagetool.exe I get the attached? no tangent issues but I'm not sure what the 42 skipped files are and 0 done and 0 failed.

By the way I originally posted some of this in the wrong place but I couldn't delete it

Attachments

• errormessagemsfs.png
    errormessagemsfs.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 153
Country
germany
I tried unchecking the tangent box but then I only get the .xml file exported and not the.bin and gltf files.
Make sure you are in object mode and have your model actively selected. Then uncheck the "tangent checkbox" and try it again. If you only get the xml its common that the object was not selected before exporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.