• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Broken textures in FSDS

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi,
I desperately need help with this so here we go...
I have FSDS on my Windows 10 PC with FSX Gold edition, sp1 and 2 installed, and SDK fully installed. Buildings compile fine, but my homemade textures don't. I made them in paint, just basic textures. Resized them to 64x64 and converted them to BMP files using http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-bmp

I then applied them onto my fsds building and they looked fine, perfect! But in fsx they are black with multi coloured pixels like in the image below. I can't see the issue, default textures are fine, but my own don't work? Can anyone point out the issue or how to fix it?

Thanks

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160710_0002.png
    wp_ss_20160710_0002.png
    808.8 KB · Views: 417
Country
ca-quebec
You can also use ImageTool for formatting textures, included in SDK (Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK\ImageTool.exe).

Can you joint your texture?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
It appears that your alpha channel may have become corrupted? I've had that happen to me. Load the texture back into a program like DXTBmp or ImageTool and look at the alpha channel.

Country
unitedkingdom
It appears that your alpha channel may have become corrupted? I've had that happen to me. Load the texture back into a program like DXTBmp or ImageTool and look at the alpha channel.
It exports but shows as white in the image preview where i saved it, is that normal?

Country
unitedkingdom
You can also use ImageTool for formatting textures, included in SDK (Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK\ImageTool.exe).

Can you possibly help me with that? Im not used to that program

Country
ca-quebec
You surely will find all information on this forum or on the web but I am available for your questions!

ImageTool and DXTBMP are very usefull textures managing tools for FS.

Country
unitedkingdom

Thanks it works!!! Only on a lot of pictures it displays this error:

"internal error in file:
d:\bt\private\core\tools\imagetool\imagewnd.cpp at line 932

Now the d: drive is the actual fsx disc, but when i searched in that directory it didn't exist?