• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Can I create traffic in ADE yes/no

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi I love ADE and really want to know, can I add traffic (moving Cars) to roads in ADE?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I think you mean freeway traffic. Due to a bug in some software that ADE uses it is not possible to create freeway traffic in ADE

Country
unitedkingdom
I think you mean freeway traffic. Due to a bug in some software that ADE uses it is not possible to create freeway traffic in ADE
Ok thank you. Do you think you will be able to fix the bug, or will it be too difficult?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It is third party code so I think it unlikely unless we change the whole engine for creating terrain and that is not on the cards.

Country
unitedkingdom
It is third party code so I think it unlikely unless we change the whole engine for creating terrain and that is not on the cards.
Ok thanks scruffy can you recommend any other programs to add traffic?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

connomar

Resource contributor
Country
us-minnesota
This is probably rather late for you, but you can create working freeway traffic by using SBuilder. Draw your roads - I use GP roads I've created myself - in ADE and compile. Make a note of the number of vertices you used to create the GP Road. Launch FSX and position the Microlight over the start of the road in Slew mode.

Launch SBuilder and create a new Project, taking care to set the BGL Compile Folder. Select View .. Show Aircraft. Effectively you have now set the middle of the screen to the lat/Lon of your aircraft.

You may want to zoom in at this point. You could go through the pain of taking a screen shot via Google Earth or Google Maps and load that as a map, but not really necessary. It just helps with scale.

In SB use the Line Tool to create a Vector line with as many points as you used vertices in ADE. When done, with the whole line selected - by default it changes from Blue to Green- right click and select from the general tab, the width in Meters. You can choose to have the road width change from end to end too. In the Vector Lines Tab set the number of lanes and the direction of flow as F(orward). Now you can switch between FSX in Slew mode and SB and even if you wish, ADE in connected mode. Slewing the aircraft to each point / Vertex on your road and going back to SB to move the point onto the cross will allow you to create a copy of the ADE road in SB. (Warning: I think you may need FSUIPC free version to link SB and FSX.

If you missed out some points, as I did on the first go, you can select the line, make sure you are in Line Tool mode, the click on the line with the I key held down, and insert new points.

Now I set things up so SB knows that the Scenery Folder for the airport I am working on is my default BGL location. When you compile, a new BGL will be created with the prefix CVX. To compile, go to Select - All Lines, then click the green right arrow on the toolbar. It should have ticked Terrain Vectors. Select Copy BGL Files to BGL Folder and hit Compile. So long as you set up the BGL folder in the Project Setup all will be well. Now relaunch FSX and you should see traffic flowing along your roads. Traffic does tend to disappear and reappear, a quirk of FSX, and Semi's might drive through your airport.

Hope this is helpful