• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Current aircraft position

Question: Is there a key combination to copy the current FSUIPC generated position of FS a/c to the clipboard so it may be available to paste in ADE?

Shez

Country
us-florida
You can right click on an item in ADE and select move to aircraft position from the menu.
Ed

Good points but I am thinking from a perspective of ground layout development and this would be a very good addition as a keystroke (similar to the "m" keystroke).

Shez

Country
unitedstates
Place the aircraft where you want it.

Alt+Tab to ADE.

Click on the point you want located where the plane is.

Press F4 and the point will move to the plane's location.

There are other options, F5 changes the object's heading to match the plane's heading without moving the object.

F6 moves the object to the plane's location and matches the plane's heading, great for placing parking spots.

These hotkeys, and many more, are listed at the end of the manual.

cheers,
Lane

Thanks those are all known to me. The move to aircraft works well but my idea was different and would add greater functionality.

Shez

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Can you give an example where this is needed and Move to Aircraft doesn't do the same thing? Just curious.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It is possible to copy coordinates between objects. But not from the aircraft position. For that we have move to aircraft which is quicker than copy and paste. However I would be interested in an example also.