• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 CYQR Regina

Country
ca-saskatchewan
For the past year I have been working on a new version of CYQR Regina International Airport (Roland Groome Field) for FS9. I think I have made enough progress to show off the work I've put into the project so far. The photo-real base is aerial photography purchased locally from Information Services Corporation. There is still lots of work ahead of me including taxiway and runway edge lights, trees, grass, general aviation hangars, commercial buildings, parking lots, ramp vehicles and clutter and city buildings that surround the airport and its approaches.

Greg Putz
Regina, Canada
YQR_WIP_11-05-14_001.jpg
YQR_WIP_11-05-14_003.jpg
YQR_WIP_11-05-14_004.jpg
YQR_WIP_11-05-14_009.jpg
YQR_WIP_11-05-14_011.jpg
YQR_WIP_11-05-14_013.jpg
YQR_WIP_11-05-14_015.jpg
YQR_WIP_11-05-14_020.jpg
YQR_WIP_11-05-14_022.jpg
YQR_WIP_11-05-14_025.jpg

Last edited:
Country
germany
FS2004 can look so beautiful when you are working on it, Greg! Fantastic pictures of that great 10 years old rigg!

I hope you will have the power to finish this outstanding work...

Dedl

Country
netherlands
Very nice done.
And as said before I'm also happy that there's someone who didn't forget the FS2004 users

Thanks

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Yes, that was me in 2007. You can still find it on AVSIM. This project is a completely new, and I think greatly improved version of the airport. I'm still no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I've learned a great deal since then.

Thanks to everyone for your positive comments. Here a few more screen shots of
YQR_WIP_6-6-2014_001.jpg
YQR_WIP_6-6-2014_002.jpg
YQR_WIP_6-6-2014_003.jpg
YQR_WIP_6-6-2014_004.jpg
YQR_WIP_6-6-2014_005.jpg
YQR_WIP_6-6-2014_006.jpg
some of the models I've been working on. Some of the more basic utility and maintenance buildings, as well as the fire drill compound and the radar dome.

Greg

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Looking great, Greg!

I have all the FS2004 Saskatchewan scenery that you have uploaded and they are all fantastic. I am looking forward to this new version of Regina and I would also like to thank you for the time and effort you have expended on making Saskatchewan such a great place to fly!

Sidney Schwartz

Resource contributor
Country
us-oregon
Thanks for all your great sceneries, Gregg. I love your earlier version of Regina and will probably stick with that because it runs well on my crappy old computer. :rolleyes:

I'm curious...did the airport managers let you take photos of the buildings? I wouldn't even ask permission here in the states. Afraid I'd wind up in Gitmo.

Country
ca-saskatchewan
YQR_WIP_21-6-2014_002.jpg
Thanks Sidney. The appreciation is mutual.

I didn't seek permission and nobody has ever objected when I've been out photographing structures. I have hundreds of reference photos taken over the last ten years mostly shot through the fence and from the window of airliners (which annoys my wife because I always take the window seat) but occasionally I've gotten air side at airport open house events.

For those of you following along, here is a screen shot of the latest model I've almost completed. It is the government hangar, which is the oldest building on the airfield, built in 1929. About 5 or 6 years ago the government added a small terminal to the hangar for passengers using the provincial government's fleet of King Airs.

Greg

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Here is another update for those of you interested in my CYQR project. I've completed about half of the general aviation hangars including the last two wartime hangars, which were built in the early 1940s (Regina Flying Club and Prairie Flying Service.

Greg

YQR_WIP_25-JULY-2014001.jpg
YQR_WIP_25-JULY-2014002.jpg
YQR_WIP_25-JULY-2014003.jpg
YQR_WIP_25-JULY-2014004.jpg
YQR_WIP_25-JULY-2014005.jpg
YQR_WIP_25-JULY-2014006.jpg
YQR_WIP_25-JULY-2014008.jpg
YQR_WIP_25-JULY-2014009.jpg
YQR_WIP_25-JULY-2014010.jpg
YQR_WIP_25-JULY-2014011.jpg

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Thanks for the kind remarks by everyone following the progress of my YQR project. I am still plugging away at it, building by building. It is slow going but I try to get some work done on it every week. Just finished the fuel cabinet and avgas tanks of flying club hangar, as well as the FEDEX hangar. Once I get the latest work into the sim I will post a few more screen shots.

Sorry to say that I am not planning a FSX version. I have to admit that don't even own a copy of FSX but having said that, I recently purchased P3D. So who knows.