FSX DHC 6 - Twin Otter

F747fly

Resource contributor
Very well done Dave! From what I can see on images that tail is just right.

ATM they don't really look like PT6's :oops:
Well I can't really judge it from these images but I think if you rose the engines a bit that might already help? because the shape looks about right, but I think the prop's centre should be on the same height as the centre of the leading edge? I can't really judge it from this image I guess, anyway I've got al confidence you'll figure it out! Keep up the good work!

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
What was missing were the exhaust pipes. They really make the look of a PT6 engine despite my dirty modeling. :D

engine2.jpg

And a first attempt at propellers.
Keep in mind I'm comparably inexperienced in aircraft modeling, so pleas don't judge too hard :oops:.

F747fly

Resource contributor
Thanks, I'm trying my best :)
Well I don't know a lot about DHC 6s but I'm pritty sure I'd recognize one if saw one, an that looks like a DHC 6 to me. The modelling of the prop looks nice, so unless you didn't bother looking at images of the props that are actually used on a DHC 6 I'm sure they're alright ;)

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
I'll probably get killed for this but I just fiddled around with the passenger seats a bit.

For the patient ones that are still interested in this after years of silence (sorry for that) I'd like to share an early WIP image of the high poly model that will be used for baking textures:

passenger_seat_render.jpg

Let's see if there's still a chance to get anywhere with this :duck:

F747fly

Resource contributor
Looks like that's shaping up to be a great bake object. Well done Dave!

Let's see if there's still a chance to get anywhere with this :duck:
Don't worry about that men... projects that have come back and have been lasting for years somehow still get interest from people (oh uhm... which one do I mean?).
Good work will always be appriacted!

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Some more renders with some more individualism:

passenger_seat_render_2.jpg

Some storage bags at the back:

passenger_seat_render_3.jpg

The bags still look a bit too perfect. I think I'll fiddle around with that a bit more.
After that I think I can move on to the next step: Mapping all of this :stirthepo