FSX Editing airports covered by ORBX

Hi,

I've become quite good at using ADE to edit default FSX airports so I am competent with the tool. However, I added an apron and hangar with ramp and taxi point etc to S30 (Lebanon State - link here to download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4CALkq5VopaQm9GM3BucWxVQU0/view) and it all works absolutely fine.

However, when I try to edit 1OR0 - Sunnyhill - I add an apron and when I load FSX, the Apron is on elevated terrain although I've set the AGL alt to 0 (I also tried 300ft too as the runway was at 300ft) neither worked and the apron still appeared on its own elevated area that was the same perimeter of the apron I had created. I also added a library object Hangar (Hangar 12) and it doesnt show up at all. I added Hangar 13 or 14 to S30 and it shows up fine at that airport (with Orbx) - any ideas how I can add an apron and hangar to 1OR0 w/Orbx without any problems? Thanks in advance!

Many 3rd party Orbx airports install a preload bgl in the world\scenery folder that changes the airport elevation. Aprons will use the preload elevation.

Someone may have some additional help for the parts of Orbx you are working with.

Many 3rd party Orbx airports install a preload bgl in the world\scenery folder that changes the airport elevation. Aprons will use the preload elevation.

Someone may have some additional help for the parts of Orbx you are working with.
Hi Jim, thanks for the reply, do I just delete the Orbx elevation file then?

ADE will create a stub file with the change of elevation that can also be placed in the world\scenery folder.
Hi iangbusa, thanks for the reply. Do I replace the Orbx elevation file with the ADE stub file? Where can I find the ADE elevation file?

EDIT: I've looked through my FSX\Scenery folder and typed in 1OR0 and there are no Orbx elevation change files for this airport. Any other ideas?

Last edited:
So I drew a poly around the outer area of the airport (I don't exactly know where the airport boundaries are as can't see them in ADE) and set it as "Exclude General" and tagged as "Airport Backgrounds".

Then I drew another "inner" poly for the new airport skirt and set to "Airport Background" and tagged "Exclude AutoGen" and set alt to 300ft (which is the default FSX altitude for 1OR0). Then I added a grass apron, a hangar and a little house building (from library objects). I compiled the airport and got two files, one was: 'ADE_FTX_PNW_1OR0_Sunnyhill2.bgl' and the other was: 'ADE_FTX_PNW_1OR0_Sunnyhill2_CVX.bgl' so I copied these to the Orbx FTX_NA folder and replaced the original Orbx files. The following screenshots were the results. Looks like I've wiped out the airport data and the elevation for the apron still sets itself to about 20ft.

This is the compilation in ADE

...Where can I find the ADE elevation file?
I believe the stub file is usually, when correctly placed, in the <FSX>\Scenery\World folder and that this is where ADE will place it. Check out the manual and online help.

For what you're trying to do, if you're not already, I think you should also place your compiled airport in its own scenery folder - e.g. a folder like <FSX>\Addon Scenery\My Airport\Scenery. Then make sure you activate this scenery in your Scenery Library and at a higher priority than the OrbX or other potentially conflicting scenery.

ian