effect orientation

Hi, i'm updating some aircraft for P3dv4 and get a problem with effect orientation. When I try to enter -180 in the marked position in the picture the editor set it back to 90.
I corrected it in the x-file but it is much more work. Please can you take a look at it? Many thanks!
mcx1.jpg

tgibson

Resource contributor
I posted about this problem earlier. Arno says it's because the effect orientation in FSX is *relative* to the axes of the parent part, and for that reason it acts that way. I have to try various numbers until the one chosen by MCX is the one I want. Very confusing.

Luckily most of my work is done converting FS2004 aircraft and when you load one of those into MCX the Orientation works perfectly as long as you edit it BEFORE you make the conversion to FSX format.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I think the editor tries to set the absolute orientation, while it shows the relative one. For effects that are attached to animations or transformations that gives weird effects. Maybe I should just set the relative and not absolute values.

tgibson

Resource contributor
All of the planes I've used in FS2004 had working landing lights. These are imported by MCX as attachpoints.

Arno, anything you can do to change that would probably be an improvement. :)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I'll try to have a look when I have some time. But the kids that have vacation already and the good weather kept me away from the laptop for most of the week.