• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Error texture

Country
brazil
OI I am trying to create static aircraft for the scenery of the aeroclub in my city it happens that when importing an aircraft for sketchup using the MCX the textures were not mapped correctly. Person helps everyone.

Attachments

• cherokee.jpg
    cherokee.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 137

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello

Along with MCX and SketchUp, what Graphics Editor are you using (such as, GIMP or Photoshop)? In what form is the static aircraft being imported from (dae or obj?).

Country
brazil
Thanks for the answer Pyscen, the static aircraft and a fsx defualt aircraft and I imported the mdl file into the MCX and converted the textures to the BMP format then exported to the sketchup the 3ds max file using the MCX.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Where did the textures originate from and what format or type were they in?

Country
brazil
Hi The textures are original of the default model PA28_180 of the FSX a cherokke plane and are in DDS DXT-5 format.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
The dds format will be vertically flipped, so you would need to unflip them before converting them to Bmp.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Or you can flip the BMP file after conversion, if that is more convenient.

Country
brazil
Hi, I did the procedure you gave me, but I didn't have any results. I would like you to guide me how I can texture the model using sketchup if possible.

Country
us-illinois
Hello:

If you wish to save some work, simply schedule a default Piper PA-28 Cherokee for an AI Traffic flight at least 1x a week.

And if you only need another repaint, you can edit a copy of the textures, keeping image pixel counts / sizes and UVW mapping the same

FYI: The texture Materials are already mapped onto the 3D model and may not need to be manually re-mapped. :pushpin:

Thus, you can use MCX to convert *.DDS to *.BMP textures when the 3D model is exported to *.OBJ or *.DAE, and when imported into Sketchup your textures should all be intact.

NOTE: MCX may incur a read error when attempting to import / export / re-import as *.3DS for this FSX default aircraft MDL

Alternatively you can use Don Grovestine's SAMM to do this conversion: :idea:

BTW: Do you instead need to change 3D model Geometry of a Piper PA-28 Cherokee to a EMB-712 Tupi (PA-28-181) ? :scratchch

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
brazil
Thanks friends for the instructions thanks to you I made progress in the manufacture of my scenery of the aeroclub of my city. I managed to put two aircraft inside the hangar 01 I'm sending photos of how it was but taking advantage of your instructions I will try to improve the scenario even more.
Air Club.jpg
Airclub011.jpg
Airclub011.jpg