• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS -Everything you know about upcoming Flight Sim from Microsoft-

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
One may wonder if "castor oil dispersion physics" is a basis for use of "V-formation"- vs. 'Finger-four squadron'- flights. :laughing:

The strength of the finger-four is its basis of the pair, still the foundation of fighter tactics. The really daft one is line astern (one behind the other), which Luftwaffe pilots called idiotenreihe (rows of idiots). To be tail-end charlie there with castor oil flying has got to be the worst. :yikes: :banghead:

Country
ca-ontario
New update out... Frosty McFrostFace :p

Desktop-Screenshot-2019.12.12-23.27.41.04.png

Country
argentina
Also Happy New Year! 2020 is gonna be a very interesting year to us FlightSimmers :)

Country
canada
Am I seeing things - or did I see a transition from green grass to light snow cover to heavy snow? at the 00:20 mark. They did a time speed up, but I see differences in the snow cover.

Country
us-florida
This is creating too much hype, I hope MS can manage these expectations once this is released and lives up to the hype created.

So far so good.

Country
australia
Am I seeing things - or did I see a transition from green grass to light snow cover to heavy snow? at the 00:20 mark. They did a time speed up, but I see differences in the snow cover.

From what I have read, it is somewhat dynamic. How accurate it will be relative to actual snowfall in the sim, or even using real weather, remains to be seen. It does seem that there are different levels of snow cover though.

Country
indonesia
update comparison to FSX

I just see almost all video in single aircraft and formation, I did see any other air traffics, ATC chats, failure/crash.
if it compare to FSX it still long way to go, in general:
1. earth :pushpin:
2. Airport :pushpin:
3. Seasoning :pushpin:
4. weather :pushpin:
5. environment effect :pushpin:
6. aerodynamic :pushpin:
7. prop aircraft :pushpin:
8. Jet aircraft :pushpin:
9. Chopper ???
10. Glider ???
11. Seaplane :pushpin:
12. steam and glass gauge :pushpin:
13. sound :pushpin:
14. ATC ???
15. Air traffics ???
16. Failure/crash + effect ???
17. Sea Traffic ???
18. living world :pushpin:
19. ATC Controller Cabin ???

FSX modul add on for realism:
1. airport :pushpin:
2. Cities :pushpin:
3. fire and bombing (Tackpack) ???
4. Air refueling ???
5. STVOL ???
6. Ground service support + airport traffics ???

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
FlightGear did dynamic snowlines before, albeit not to this degree.

Country
unitedkingdom
Yes, first release of alpha SDK in January, first "real" release in March.
I found the wording slightly ambiguous:
SDK UPDATE
  • SDK – Preview Version release moved back to mid-January.
  • SDK – Official V1 release expected March 2020.
We’ve made great progress on the SDK in recent weeks and are confident that an initial preview version will be ready as early as mid-January. The preview version will allow interested 3rd party developers to have a first look at the SDK, provide feedback and send requests / wishes to help us prioritize the work moving forward (similar to the Tech Alpha process).This is by no means an official V1 release – we expect that to be ready March 2020.
It's not clear that the SDK preview will be generally available or only available to selected 3PDs. Maybe I'm over interpreting the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.