Feature Wishlist

Would be cool to have "random conditions" - so any animations can be set to random, for example, Triggerable Animation of hangar doors, have it so it can be locked in a random position on the Keyframe counter or just fully open/close.

I thought of this whilst doing my current model which has 3D window frames etc - would of been good to have all the individual windows open/close at a random state to allow for a more dynamic feel.

It already exists for the jetway system so maybe not too much?

Can SODE pause. rewind or forward an animation? Or place the animation in a specific frame? If so this would a good feature.
Thanks

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
I was wondering if it is better we do not have to choose the stand. Since FSX knows that where is the user aircraft is in the sim, there might be some methods that automatically select the stand that user aircraft just parked. So there is no need to select on the menu. We do not park on the parking 1 and activate jetway of parking 2 anyway. There should be only the parking that we parked that we can control. It is quite troublesome to find through a lot of gates if we are in a big airport.

Last edited:
I was wondering if it is better we do not have to choose the stand. Since FSX knows that where is the user aircraft is in the sim, there might be some methods that automatically select the stand that user aircraft just parked. So there is no need to select on the menu. We do not park on the parking 1 and activate jetway of parking 2 anyway. There should be only the parking that we parked that we can control. It is quite troublesome to find through a lot of gates if we are in a big airport.
This has been added in V1.6.0:
  • Added Auto-Stand-Selection when parked at the stand with parking brake set and calling SODE menu

Can SODE pause. rewind or forward an animation? Or place the animation in a specific frame? If so this would a good feature.
Thanks
Internally, this is all possible (jetways). But this is not exposed to general animation and SODE's XML system.

I've had a rudimentary interface to that in the early SODE days (haha, a stub got into the documentation: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=the-xml-definition-file/controllableanimation), but didn't complete it since I didn't see any use cases for that (manual control of animations).

What would you have in mind to do if you had such a system?

Internally, this is all possible (jetways). But this is not exposed to general animation and SODE's XML system.

I've had a rudimentary interface to that in the early SODE days (haha, a stub got into the documentation: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=the-xml-definition-file/controllableanimation), but didn't complete it since I didn't see any use cases for that (manual control of animations).

What would you have in mind to do if you had such a system?
Well, if you think there are lots of interesting things to achieve, e.g. custom skin/bone animations of objects (people, etc.). You can even randomize it and make unique animations paths

Well, if you think there are lots of interesting things to achieve, e.g. custom skin/bone animations of objects (people, etc.). You can even randomize it and make unique animations paths
That would go way beyond the scope of SODE, since that would require a customizable scheme to implement finite state-machines...and that using XML! That would be a nightmare to design and code.
Such a customizable system would need to go into the core engine of the sim itself and supported by the SDK, e.g. using lua scripts or similar...and not the trickery used by SODE to squeeze out some functionality of the limited SDK.