• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Help with airport elevation

Messages
8
Country
unitedstates
Hello, so I am in the process of creating a new fictional airport for P3D but having a problem with the elevation and need some help. At the moment I have just a single runway and a small apron for parking. The problem I have is that the area where I want to put the airport is not completely flat and has a slight slope to it which causes the airport the float a little bit above the ground in certain parts and sit below ground in others. To fix this I tried adding a background polygon to even out the terrain below but this didn’t seem to work. So is there a way I can level out the terrain below the airport so the airport has a flat area of land to sit on?

Here are the coordinates for where I would like to put the runway if that helps. Also, the runway is aligned North to South

36°39'19.58"N


117°11'44.99"W


Thanks
 
Last edited:
When you create the airport background polygon, make sure it has Flatten in the properties.
 
When you create the airport background polygon, make sure it has Flatten in the properties.
Thanks but I think I already did this. I tried flatten with exclude autogen as well as the one that also masks the class with no luck. Basically, I drew a couple of polygons so the entire airport was covered selected the properties I wanted, and checked to make sure the elevation for the polygons matched the airport elevation.

I will attach a pic to show how I have it set up in the editor. I know the polygon isn't drawn perfectly but as long as it covers the airport I would think it should work.

Edit: So I think I was able to figure it out. I didn't realize that when I compiled it there was a second bgl that was was created with I think CVK in the name once I added that into the sim as well it seems to have worked.
 

Attachments

  • Desktop Screenshot 2021.02.04 -  11.17.40.31.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.02.04 - 11.17.40.31.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 263
Last edited:
CVX files contain all the terrain elements including your flattens
 
Back
Top