• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Modelconverter error

Country
india
Hi, I have windows 8 and modelconverterx doesn't seem to be working properly the stable version and the development release. I cannot import, export or do anything. As soon as I start modelconverterx error comes which you can see in the attachment in the image. I cannot do anything; I tried running it on administrator but it's still the same. Now I really want modelconverterx because its easy to use. I need help to fix this problem. PL HELP Thank you

Attachments

• mdlconverter error.jpg
    mdlconverter error.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 469

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Given the red cross I see I expect it to be related with the video drivers. What kind of graphics card you use?

Country
india
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family and modelconvertex worked properly with this graphics card in my previous windows vista version plus this the same graphics card I use in my new upgraded widows 8 and modelconverterx does not even work when everything else works fine. When I got windows 8 and downloaded modelconverterx there was no red cross except that error box with small red cross which I used to get when I tried to import any model. Pl help me fix this

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello Indi,...

MCX as well,... ADE and a few others all work in Windows 8 and 8.1...

The possible problem is that the .NET Frameworks need to be activated within Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.

From the "Control Panel" (Can be reached from the new Start screen by typing in "Control Panel"),... Within Control Panel, Click on "Programs" then under it you will See "Turn Windows features on or off".

A new Window will pop up,... Look for ".NET Framework 3.5" (which will include .NET 2.0 and 3.0) make sure its clicked. Also make sure that ".NET Framework 4.5 Advanced Services" is clicked. Only the "ASP .NET 4.5" and the "TCP Port Sharing" need to be click under the ".NET Framework 4.5" tab.

Hopefully this is the only problem that your having,...

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello Indi,...

Where did you place the MCX files? and what was placed etc,...how did you place them

Country
india
I did what you told me to do and I placed the MCX files in my download folder I downloaded 1.3 and later development release but both of them don't work.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
hello Indi,...

ok,.. were the .NET framework clicked? already? or did you have to do that? What do you mean inside your download folder? Have you copied all the files from the zip file into a separate folder?

Country
india
Net framework was already clicked except the ASI thing. I used winrar to extract the MCX files in MCX folder.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
So all the files were placed in the MCX folder? and also where is the MCX folder placed?

Country
india
yes all the files are placed in MCX folder and the folder is in my download folder but I deleted it as it didn't work

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
ok,.. copy all the files into a new folder outside the download folder,.. such as the main directory of your C: drive,... MSFS\MCX\ then all the files.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I don't have Windows 8 myself. But could it be you need to update the drivers of the graphics card?

Country
india
Everything is fine and updated, its only MCX that makes me angry. I had windows vista before and it worked fine and now windows 8 and MCX doesn't work while everything else works fine. Can someone please please fix this and make MCX work with win 8.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

We can't fix it for us if you don't provide more information. All I can tell you is that modelconverterx needs .net 2.0 and proper OpenGL drivers for the graphics card.

You already checked the .net framework, but did you check the graphics drivers already?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
It would seem that the Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family has issues with Windows 8. In searching,.. it appears to be orphaned by Intel (no update for). Also,.. appears that the OpenGL is v1.1.

And If I recall,.. Arno,.. Check to see if I'm right,.. Indi needs 2.0 or higher? There are possible updates through Microsoft, but it wouldn't guarantee anything or warranty.

Indi,... do a search for the Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family with Windows 8,.. and go from there.

Hope this helps,

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
For the advanced features like bump maps, etc modelconverterx indeed requires OpenGL 2.0 or higher. But the fallback simple rendering should also work with earlier OpenGL versions. Although I think the OpenGL shader language at least requires OpenGL 1.3.

Country
india
sorry to replying late but is there any solution to make modelconverter work in windows 8? plus what do I need to update? and how to find out what Opengl version I have?

Country
unitedstates
Last edited: