• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MWCR 2015- FREEWARE Preview

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thanks for all the nice feedback!

quick update: the approach lights now have baked textures, only minutes of twaking away from completion...

odals_baked_textures.png

Country
us-california
Very nice work here, looking forward to the release.

Thanks for all of the hard work!

Cheers
Gman

Country
macedonia
Can you explain your work principe, how you are making your ground polygon ? If the marking is as single plane with runway texture or in different plane and use a alpha then ?

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Full photoreal scenery for the island has been finished. Some basic autogen is on its way:

FSX:
agn_fsx.jpg

P3Dv3:
agn_p3d.jpg

No promises yet to cover the whole island at this level because almost every blueprint had to be placed manually due to lack of gis data.

We are still planning to release this scenery within the next days.

Stay tuned,
Dave

Country
germany
This is a quite boring and exhausting work. I know this from my project, it is just about 20 km². However I had to place over 300 buildings and till now over 3000 vegetation objects.

Country
denmark
Looks great!!! And nice to see the effort in getting the surroundings looking good also.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
This is a quite boring and exhausting work. I know this from my project, it is just about 20 km². However I had to place over 300 buildings and till now over 3000 vegetation objects.

At least there was not that much work on the vegetation. ScenProc's feature detection did a very good job there. :D

Last edited:
Country
caymanislands
Hey guys. I'm pleased to announce the official release of MWCR 2015. Dave and I have been working hard these past few days to have a Christmas Day release here on FSD. Below are some screenshots of the project. Enjoy and Merry Christmas to you all.

b4Zmk3R.jpg

ukVwITy.jpg

KYl5LV1.jpg

yIdLb1h.jpg

DWUwMD8.jpg

BMGWw6A.jpg

BvPTz2f.jpg

DuJoDy9.jpg

c34Vq6h.jpg

qp9YLIj.jpg

hWDg864.jpg

uNfLNoG.jpg

aK6Y5pA.jpg

P73qLlN.jpg

gEkV0FC.jpg

Download link to scenery can be found in my signature below (or Dave's). I wish to thank you all for your support during the development of this scenery.

Expect more freeware scenery like this in the near future.Once again MC to you all and a Happy New Year. :santahat:

Country
germany
Are you crazy to release this as a freeware?:yikes: Thank you so much guys! Merry Christmas and all the best for your next projects!:santahat:

F747fly

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Gerome and Dave are trying to reach the title "Best freeware of 2015" before the year ends ;) Very well done guys, flying my A350 there this instance!