• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

no map

Country
unitedkingdom
Two of my airfields drawn with ADE show in FSX.But when I start ADE to add objects to them,I can not select them.In FSX Addon scenery, the airfields have two ADE files in their Scenery folders.But when I use the same path in ADE to open them,the Scenery folders are empty.I have obviously been able to open them this way to draw them originally,but it no longer works.

Peter,
Normally in ADE you work from an ADE project file with a suffix of .ad4. Did you save a project file for each of your airports? If so where did you locate them? The two .bgl files in your addon scenery folder are the compiled files that FSX reads. It sounds like you are asking ADE to open a project file of which there are none in your addon scenery folder. If you don't have a project file for your airports you can ask ADE to open the airport .bgl from your addon scenery folder. Click on File then Open airport from BGL. This is not of course the way that ADE was designed to work best for you. You should work from a project file and compile into an active scenery folder. Put your project file into a folder outside of FSX because FSX can't read it and there's no use in cluttering up your scenery folder in FSX.

Ed

Project files (xxx.AD4, for use with Open Airport) would be saved to ADE/FSX/Projects by default. Look there first.

I have not opened the Project,Find folder until this week.I notice that I can not copy and paste any of the files in there if I wish to put them anywhere else.Is that normal

No that isn't normal. The Projects folder in ADE is just like any other folder.

Back