• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Oakland International Airport (v1.1 released)

Country
sweden
Verison 1.1 now released: https://secure.simmarket.com/cloudberry-sim-oakland-international-airport.phtml

I'm nearing completion of my first-ever airport, which has largely been neglected by flight sim developers, namely Oakland. I'm developing it for P3D v4 and v3 and most likely also FSX. I've finished all the buildings, the ground poly and the ADE layout. What's left is adding details like trees, cargo containers and parked cars, plus fixing a few bugs and testing it. I hope to release it very soon.

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Last edited:
Country
us-california
Well done! I live the only a few miles next to Oakland Airport and this looks great! Finally someone is doing this airport. Any word on if it will have sode or GSX L2 compatibility for jetways?

Country
unitedstates
Looks great! The community is in need of a quality Oakland rendition. Any new progress to show off?

Country
sweden
Thanks all!

The airport is progressing nicely, but it's little details and behind-the-scenes stuff, so nothing new to show off yet.

It won't include moving jetways, as that's still a bit too advanced for me. However, the jetways are in their own separate bgl file for those that want to disable them and add their own.

Country
us-california
Thanks all!

The airport is progressing nicely, but it's little details and behind-the-scenes stuff, so nothing new to show off yet.

It won't include moving jetways, as that's still a bit too advanced for me. However, the jetways are in their own separate bgl file for those that want to disable them and add their own.
Alright. No problem at all. As long as I can disable them so I can use GSX Level 2 for them I'm fine :) Are you planning on it being out before summer? Also thanks so much again for making this airport. Literally after all of these years no one has made a very good quality one and finally someone will.

Country
france
Thumbs up, nice work !

Do you managed to get your flag floating around with the wind ?

Country
sweden
Alright. No problem at all. As long as I can disable them so I can use GSX Level 2 for them I'm fine :) Are you planning on it being out before summer? Also thanks so much again for making this airport. Literally after all of these years no one has made a very good quality one and finally someone will.

I appreciate the encouraging words, I sincerely hope people will like it. It won't be FlyTampa quality (nor FlyTampa pricing) since this is my first-ever airport, but I've poured my heart and soul into it over the past 2 years. It works really well on my system, including solid framerates even with high graphics and full AI.

I definitely expect to release it before summer, but I also know from experience that making airports takes longer than expected :)

Country
us-california
Very nice job! About time, I've been waiting for a high-quality OAK scenery for a decade now, very much has been ignored by the FS dev community.

Wanted to make sure that the South Field control tower was demolished three years ago that was located on top of the Terminal 1 security checkpoint area. The last developer who did a lower quality OAK scenery last year made a mistake of including it.

Are you going to be including the Swissport jet fuel tanks located near Neil Armstrong Way? Would be nice if you can incorporate cars, curbside sidewalks, concrete dividers, airport signages, and lightning poles in the main airport lots and roadways.

Last edited:
Country
sweden
Very nice job! About time, I've been waiting for a high-quality OAK scenery for a decade now, very much has been ignored by the FS dev community.

Wanted to make sure that the South Field control tower was demolished three years ago that was located on top of the Terminal 1 security checkpoint area. The last developer who did a lower quality OAK scenery last year made a mistake of including it.

Are you going to be including the Swissport jet fuel tanks located near Neil Armstrong Way? Would be nice if you can incorporate cars, curbside sidewalks, concrete dividers, airport signages, and lightning poles in the main airport lots and roadways.

Hello and sorry for the late reply! The south tower is indeed gone, and the small tower near the solar arrays has been reduced to a concrete stub just like in real life.

The big fuel tanks are included, as are a ton of parked cars in the parking lots and on the northern apron to resemble real life as much as possible (all of these can be disabled by those that wish). Unfortunately I have only included a few of the other curbside details that you mentioned because my priority has been on airside details and buildings. While I love adding additional details, it always pushes back the release by weeks or months, so I could keep going forever :) Right now the priority is to finish the airport and release it, and then I might add more peripheral details in future updates.

Country
us-california
Hey. Will the scenery still be out before summer? I see that Summer starts in just a week. I have a flight out of Oakland I'm hoping to replicate that is funnily enough on the first day of summer :cool:

Country
sweden
Hey. Will the scenery still be out before summer? I see that Summer starts in just a week. I have a flight out of Oakland I'm hoping to replicate that is funnily enough on the first day of summer :cool:

Hello! I'm very jealous that you get to fly out of Okaland :D Unfortunately it won't be ready for your trip, but I am planning to send it to the beta testers next week (finally!) and post some new screenshots here. At this point I'm just fixing small bugs and errors. I'm also finishing the night textures which fortunately is a pretty quick and easy process. Have gotten up very early these past several weeks to work on the airport for a few hours each day before my day job. Almost there! :stirthepo

Country
sweden
It's starting to look like Christmas...

I just need to do a little bit of final testing on my own before sending it off to the beta testers. Hopefully they won't find too many bugs so I can release it before the end of summer:duck:

As you can see there's no dynamic lighting yet, simply because I don't yet know how to do it (and because I needed 2D lighting for the P3Dv3 version anyways). Nevertheless I've tried to make the lighting look as realistic as possible, and once I've released the airport I'm planning to look up how to make dynamic lighting and include it in a future update (for free of course).

Also, the cargo pallets, static vehicles, 3D grass and jetways can be disabled for those that need the extra computer power or wish to add third-party moving jetways. Luckily I'm getting good framerates even on my laptop, so hopefully performance won't be an issue (fingers crossed).

Feedback welcome!

2019-07-18 19_58_10-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 with WideServer_ waiting for clients.png

2019-07-18 19_59_37-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 with WideServer_ waiting for clients.png

2019-07-18 20_00_52-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 with WideServer_ waiting for clients.png

2019-07-18 20_02_39-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 with WideServer_ waiting for clients.png

2019-07-18 20_05_20-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 with WideServer_ waiting for clients.png

2019-07-18 20_06_14-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 with WideServer_ waiting for clients.png

2019-07-18 20_09_57-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 with WideServer_ waiting for clients.png

2019-07-18 20_10_47-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 with WideServer_ waiting for clients.png

2019-07-18 20_12_09-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 with WideServer_ waiting for clients.png

2019-07-18 20_13_57-Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 with WideServer_ waiting for clients.png

Country
netherlands
Great progress! Looking forward to its release :) Hope you figure out how to do the dynamic lighting ;)

Country
sweden
Will this be freeware?

Unfortunately not, it's taken me two years to develop it and I even took a few months off from work to finish it faster, so I'll need to try to recoup some of my lost income. It will however be reasonably priced since this is my first project and not FlyTampa/Orbx quality :)

Country
unitedstates
Nice job there embee. I can relate to the "years" of development, long days and nights. You should be proud of your work as it is a labor of luv... not the money. Looking forward to it.

Clutch