Object disappears

Hi there,
I had a strange problem with my 3D object :confused: I created a 3d terminal in Gmax and exported it for FS9 . No error occurred during the export to .mdl and .bgl files . However when I started loading into my scenery, at position of view facing directly to the terminal at specific angle, the terminal disappeared but I I chnage to another angle, it appeared normally. When I look outside, the textures around my airport, also with the airplane became blur dramatically as these attached photos :mad:
I don't know what happen to it . Have you guys got this trouble before ?
All welcomed comments, I appreciate that .

Attachments

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
We've seen this trouble before, only on certain computer systems (other computers displayed it fine). But I have no idea how to fix it...

We've seen this trouble before, only on certain computer systems (other computers displayed it fine). But I have no idea how to fix it...
Really ? So did it happen to creator's pc rather than other users ? I thought that some angle of views are put into blind spot :confused:
I have also found the same problem of blur textures from this link :
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36262&highlight=texture+blur
Nothing guarantees that changing in texture format from either DXT3 or DXT1 will fix this case :confused:

I think this is an issue with the boundary box or something, generated by gmax. Try making the object larger by putting a another object in the model, like a car or lamp-post, a little distance away.

Problem has been resoved :D
Thank you guys for the comments, I have added a big bounding box over the airport with transparent map and then exported it together with my terminal and it worked ;)
I dont know why because in my last scenery, I still had a good appearance without using bounding box method .
Btw I can figure it out now !

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The additional bigger geometry would probably need a no crash set through the attach tool script indeed.

sometimes this happen to me too... :(

can we use hierarchy tool then 'center to object' rather than create a bounding box? :D

or separate a terminal with pieces of bgl?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I think that the effect of disappearing objects is indeed less if the reference point is exactly in the centre of the object. So that is always a good practice.