• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3Dv4 Dynamic Lighting

Country
unitedkingdom
There's a reference to it in the effects section, if you search that for dynamic it tells you which panel on the effects tool makes it a dynamic light.

I don't think it's effects because I took the plane Baron as example he only has an effect that is fx_landing.fx and this effect if placed alone does not make the dynamic effect as does the plane, only the normal effect, there's something else more.

Country
us-florida
Is this worth it? I have heard this hurts performance terribly. If you bake your own textures you would get the same result with no performance penalty. Of course if this is a moving vehicle perhaps, but a lamp, or multiple lamps etc.

The videos look nice, but its not revolutionary per se. IMHO

Country
russia
Yes, unfortunately there are no examples and details.. the SDK is very poorly describes it. I'll be glad if someone could share how to add dynamic light. There is a very long list of effects.. But how do they support dynamic lights, difficult to understand.

Country
italy
I have always hate the Idea of effect since FS9 for unprecise and rather annoying method of placing with script but also the for the resource hug that can take on framerate.
Now with this SDK you can play about this new light to see the preview of those follow this guide:
http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/LearningCenter.php

copy the Visual Effects Tool folder inside SDK to to the default add-on packages folder, found here:C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons
You will find the tool on the P3DV4 menu then open the effect of fx_ForestFire.fx change value following the link above SDK->Modeling->Special Effects and clear the fire particle and add a Light and check Spot Light and change the value at your taste.
I belive that soon or later some one will post the magic value.
I play for fun until my framerate descend below 7 FPS

Country
italy
Here sperimental dynamic light on light pole:

dyn_light.jpeg

Anyone else noticed the landing light in external view now lights up the VC by default? When the light is set back from the cockpit.

Country
us-florida
I just used the default Landing lights effect attached it to an object and I got this 'dynamic light'.

Country
italy
here an example of light, play with value as much you want then save it as an effect and attach to a cube in a modeling software.

Attachments

• Light.jpg
    Light.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 5,589
Country
portugal
Hi

Max-Liea or simbiosi, can you provide details?

It's possible to configure the direction and aperture of the light?

I'm producing freeware scenarios and there is not time because of my personal work. I already provided several scenarios but I would like to improve them.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi

Max-Liea or simbiosi, can you provide details?

It's possible to configure the direction and aperture of the light?

I'm producing freeware scenarios and there is not time because of my personal work. I already provided several scenarios but I would like to improve them.

Hi.

Have spent the last days, among other things, something to experiment with the new light effects of P3DV4. First results:

2017-6-7_6-56-32-968.jpg

Picture 1: Different light sources with different color values create a pleasant atmosphere

2017-6-8_7-0-3-848.jpg

Picture 2: Also the windsack has got a lighting. The red lights emit even the light

2017-6-9_0-39-16-201.jpg

Basically, it is normal fx files that have been slightly modified. If you use the fx files "attached" then you can also adjust the angle of the light.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Nice. Please show us how its done.

As simbiosi made it: FX Tool loaded in P3DV4, created / modified an effect. The effect then saved and with the help of the AttachPoint tool from the SDK the effect attached to my 3-D model, see picture:

p3dv4_effect_light_source_attach_point.jpg

Picture: 3-D Modell of a detailed and animated windsock with various attach points

Country
italy
FX Tool loaded in P3DV4, I have created a new effect

luci1.jpg

sequence ---- New --- Insert Light and compile data of effect, static, scale of PHI on ground, color night (for light angle check spot light and assign value to angle inner and outer.

On 3dsmax

luci2.jpg

Stick the effect as usual

Sorry for my english.

Ciao

For me 10 Fps and it does not add anything to existing sceneries unless you start changing all the light effects.
As for user 'vehicles', well, in a lit up airport at night you will not see much difference. If you go out into the bush bush that may be handy but I do not think that it is worthwhile in a complex airport scenery because it does not affect AI (AFAIK).

PS: By the way, Christian, your taxi lights show up too far as well!