• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Painted Line Type Issues

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There are some reports of painted line types changing or not being represented right. Some are reversed but I am less concerned about that than the changes in line type

I have spotted a couple of type changers but would appreciate any reports on changes.

I can see two change points.
  1. ADE is reporting a line type different than that seen in the sim without any build so load the base airport in ADE and then check in sim if the line matches
  2. ADE reports a line type when the base airport is loaded but this changes after the airport is built
I would appreciate any reports giving the Type (1 or 2 above) and the change e.g. EDGE_LINE_DASHED changes to HOLD_SHORD_FORWARD_MARKED when built

Thanks for your help

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This should now be fixed thanks to Matt. I will issue a new alpha today with this and other fixes. Please do keep an eye on painted line issues though in case there is anything lurking which we have not spotted yet.

Country
us-california
Will test as soon as it's out! Thank you for the fix!

Any update on the two-sided taxiway signs? Should I just put two signs back to back for now?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As far as I know there is no code mechanism in MSFS to create back to back signs so yes for now you have to use two I think

Country
us-florida
Having areas of "Enhanced Taxiway " lines for no reason that I can determine. They are all taxiways with all of the same attributes. Using Alpha 12 update. It looks like MSFS may automatically place them before hold short lines (kind of nice), but I am getting them away from hold short points. Also, point of reference, the EDGE_LINE_SOLID_ORTHO places shoulder lines automatically, whereas EDGE_LINE_SOLID does not.

Attachments

• Valkaria.jpg
    Valkaria.jpg
    693.3 KB · Views: 102

GHD

Country
england
Also, point of reference, the EDGE_LINE_SOLID_ORTHO places shoulder lines automatically, whereas EDGE_LINE_SOLID does not.
I think this is because the airports are created semi-automaticaly. /i am finding EDGE_LINE_SOLID_ORTHO's in the most inappropriate places.