Prepar3D - Converted bgl files with Model Converter X

This question is for a friend of mine who doesn't speak English and lives in another country (other than Canada).

I convert bgl files made for FS9 to FSX (using Model Converter X) and everything shows in the Prepar3D of a local buddy, no problem. When this friend in he other country tries to do the same thing, and he has an unbelievable system, none of the objects show in his P3D.

I sent him some of my bgl files that work fine here and they don't appear in his P3D either.

Does anyone have a suggestion or has experienced something similar? He has checked all the settings (scenery density, etc.) and his graphics card driver - all seem to be OK. It can't be a country thing, eh?

Thanks

Fern

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Are all textures included? Missing textures can result in missing objects.

And of course did he check if the BGL file is in an active scenery area :)

Thanks, Arno

The think is more complicated than that, I think. If I convert exactly the same bgl here and sent him the resulting bgl, it works. We went as far as I sent him the same Model Converter X, and when he uses it to convert the same bgl, the one he generates still doesn't show... We'll keep looking.

Thanks

Fern

=rk=

Resource contributor
If I convert exactly the same bgl here and sent him the resulting bgl, it works. We went as far as I sent him the same Model Converter X, and when he uses it to convert the same bgl, the one he generates still doesn't show
Based on that I would suspect the compilers that you each have linked your versions of MCX to are different. I would check the SDK versions for the two systems.