• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Problem with runway markings

Messages
8
Country
unitedstates
Hello sorry to bug you guys again but I am having a problem with the runway markings that I can figure out. So I created a runway in ADE and added some markings including threshold lines as well as the numbers for the runway. The problem I have is that in ADE the markings are displaying as they should, but when I load the airport in P3D v4 the markings for the numbers are on top of the threshold lines instead of being a little farther down the runway like they should which of course makes it difficult to see the numbers.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

Thanks
 
Screenshots please
Here you go. I guess on top wasn't the right word but as you can see in ADE the number marking should be just beyond the threshold lines instead of overlapping. The same thing happens on the opposite end of the runway.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Desktop Screenshot 2021.02.08 - 09.45.27.76.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.02.08 - 09.45.27.76.png
    341 KB · Views: 254
  • Prepar3D Screenshot 2021.02.08 - 09.52.21.91.png
    Prepar3D Screenshot 2021.02.08 - 09.52.21.91.png
    4 MB · Views: 258
What happens when you include the black runway line down the middle? What happens when you connect the blue taxiway line to the black runway line? What happens if you eliminate the overrun?
 
What happens when you include the black runway line down the middle? What happens when you connect the blue taxiway line to the black runway line? What happens if you eliminate the overrun?
I'm not sure what you mean. The on;y time I had a black line was when I tried creating a runway link to connect the taxiway with the runway but I deleted it to see if that was what was causing the issue. The black line in the pic I included is the fence I added around the airport.
 
What is the length of the runway?
 
Back
Top