• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Scenery Manager

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
GLOGuJ6.png

Scenery Manager is a highly customizable program that developers can configure to allow users to enable or disable parts of their scenery.

Prerequisites:
  • .NET Framework 4.5.1
  • An understanding of XML syntax (for developers who want to customize Scenery Manager)
Features:
  • Highly customizable user interface (banner, size, color, positioning, tabs, and more)
  • Displays text, images, links, tooltips, and web pages
  • File switching through check boxes and radio buttons
  • Update checking
  • Warns user if Flight Simulator X is running
For a comprehensive list of customizations and demonstration of functionality, try the download below.

Licensing:

Scenery Manager is free to use for non-commercial addons so long as attribution is provided.

I haven't set a price for commercial use, so anyone interested in using Scenery Manager for commercial addons is encouraged to contact me via PM. If you ask nicely, perhaps I'll make it free of charge. :p

You may not modify, merge, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the software without express permission. The software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.

Known issues:
  • Web browser does not support the fading animation due to the fact that it's a Win32 control and is not rendered by WPF
Change log:

Version 1.1 (January 3, 2015):
  • You can now specify which simulator Scenery Manager will modify files for. See the Scenery tab for more information.
  • You can now specify a command line argument to specify the settings XML that Scenery Manager uses. See the Scenery tab for more information.
  • You can now specify a custom icon for Scenery Manager; see the Home tab for more information.
  • You can now also specify the color of all text headers independent of the tab accent color.
  • You can now add a URL to the update page. View the settings XML and remote update XML for implementation details.
Version 1.2 (January 22, 2016):
  • Scenery Manager now supports detecting and managing files within Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 (using the P3D3 or All attribute).
  • You can now specify duplicate paths for multiple radio buttons in a group; there is a new attribute for radio buttons (PathDisabled) that now used to uniquely identify a file within a group.
Download

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to let me know. If anyone does use it in a scenery, I'd appreciate knowing about it too. :)

Last edited:

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
TYgVoBs.png

Version 1.1 (January 3, 2015):
  • You can now specify which simulator Scenery Manager will modify files for. This includes FSX, ESP, P3D, P3D v2, and FSX: Steam Edition.
  • You can now specify a command line argument to specify the settings XML that Scenery Manager uses, should you want separate settings files for different simulators.
  • You can now specify a custom icon for Scenery Manager.
  • You can now also specify the color of all text headers independent of the tab accent color.
  • You can now add a link to the update page.
Download

Awesome!!!! :cool:
Really good Scenery Manager! Exactly what I was looking for :D Just one question if you don't mind: Have you developed it using Visual Studio? :rolleyes:
Thank you so much Orion Lyau. :)

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
pgtC8bB.png

Version 1.2 (January 22, 2016):
  • Scenery Manager now supports detecting and managing files within Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 (using the P3D3 or All attribute).
  • You can now reuse the same path for multiple radio buttons within a group; there is a new attribute for radio buttons (PathDisabled) that now used to uniquely identify a file within a radio button group.
Download

Country
newzealand
Has this got a auto update function? Both for the application and scenery items? I guess the dev would need to host the files to be updated though

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
The update functionality is advisory in nature; it displays a notice, changelog, and link when the installed version of the scenery (as specified in the Settings.xml file) is older than the remote version of the scenery (as specified in a remote XML file). Scenery Manager doesn't currently have self-update functionality.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Looking good but I quite don't understand what it is for.
Is this for changing the seasonal texture too?
Do you have any manual how to use it?

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Just one question if you don't mind: Have you developed it using Visual Studio? :rolleyes:

Yes.

Looking good but I quite don't understand what it is for.
Is this for changing the seasonal texture too?
Do you have any manual how to use it?

Scenery Manager primarily allows you to enable and disable parts of your scenery to provide an easy way for users to toggle optional parts of your scenery (e.g. additional animations, traffic, clutter, static vehicles) or switch textures for different seasons. These features are similar to that of the Orbx Control Panels or 29Palms Scenery Configurator.

What makes Scenery Manager special is that it allows you to have a highly customizable user interface. You can change the color scheme, add a header or branding, create custom tabs, add links (for example, to open manuals/documentation, web pages or mailto links for support) or image content (if you want to display screenshots). There are also unique features such as update checking to provide notifications when new scenery is available and a web browser which can display anything -- for example, you could set up a page to display product news (like how FSInsider used to display on the Home tab of FSX), an interactive map (so you can highlight points of interest and let users pan and zoom), or any other web content you can imagine, really.

There isn't a standalone manual currently; I've written documentation explaining all features and functionality in the form of a settings file for Scenery Manager. You can simply launch your downloaded copy of Scenery Manager and view the documentation on the various tabs. I chose to write the documentation in this manner to both demonstrate the functionality of Scenery Manager as well as provide a comprehensive example.

If you have any questions or need clarification, feel free to ask.

Country
moldova
This looks like a good tool, but no download link seems to be working.
Any chance i could get it somewhere else? Thank you!