P3D v3 ScenProc First Pass!

Well....not dissapointed at all. Test area came out pretty good, just a **load of buildings. :)

Have to play with scenproc filtering paremeters some. But I got this. Even custom textures showed!

Thanks Arno for another great tool!

AGN_PSE.jpg

AGN_PSE2.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Hi pinkjr,
I cannot remember how to make a custom texture for autogen. I wonder how to control all the roof color to be almost the same. I used to do it in FS9 but if it is the same in FSX/P3d?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Roofs are different in FSX, they don't come from the agn building texture anymore. Roofs are seperate models with their own textures. You can customize them via the materials.spb file.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Thanks for the information, Arno.
Would you mind where I can read the material.spb file set up for autogen?
I think I don't need a new custom made one, just to control the color of the roof.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
To use different textures for your addon you would have to make custom definitions. Or else you can replace the global texture of course.

I created a custom texture sheet and I think I added a code using scenproc to force use it. All my buildings are stock.

David

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
For the roofs or for the walls? For the walls you can do it via the SetAgnBuildingTexture step in scenProc indeed. But to change the roof textures you need to modify the materials and roofdefinition SPB files.

For the roofs or for the walls? For the walls you can do it via the SetAgnBuildingTexture step in scenProc indeed. But to change the roof textures you need to modify the materials and roofdefinition SPB files.
You are right Arno, I did that for the walls. For the roofs I found the master roof texture for my region and I backed up the original one, and created a new one.....which obviously affects roof textures for the whole region......but I was ok with that.

David

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
I think it is probably better to use custom autogen both roof and wall. So, we can have the buildings that look like the real one and do not affect the entire region.

I think it is probably better to use custom autogen both roof and wall. So, we can have the buildings that look like the real one and do not affect the entire region.
I agree but it's kind of a pain because when you distribute your scenery, you have to provide the new library entries and they have to go on several specific folders. If you do custom installers I guess it's ok, but my sceneries are "manual installs" so I'm betting on my users to install incorrectly.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Actually with my Autogen Configuration Merger tool is not that hard. The library with your new roofs can just go in the scenery folder of your addon. And you add your custom definitions there as well, ACM will merge them for the end user. The only annoying bit is that the wall texture needs to go in the main texture folder, not in your local texture folder.

Hello Arno. Hello guys.
I've tried to change autogen building texture trough your scenProc tool, and it works. Only thing i cannot change are the roofs textures.
But to change the roof textures you need to modify the materials and roofdefinition SPB files.
Can you explain a bit more in depth how can i do that?
Thank you!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

The roofs are different indeed. Either you globally replace their texture (it's a different texture sheet than the walls). Or you need to make new variations of the roofs, which is done in the autogen configuration files (roofdescriptions.spb).