SDE Build 2604

Hi Jon,
I click either on the name or the value and A small down arrow appears next to the value ASPHALT. If I click the down arrow then the list of valid surfaces appears and I can select one.
Sorry Jon,
now I'm confused, because I get no small arrow next to the value "ASPHALT".
I'll try to email you a printscreen.

Bert

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK thanks please do so - I need to get to the bottom of this. In the property grid any enumeration of values like RunwaySurface should get a down arrow when clicked. This is a built in function of the property grid

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Bert

I have it and there is certainly something wrong with the way the property grid is displaying on your syste. It looks all wrong. If you check the screenshot of the main screen in the release notes you will see that there should be a yellow box below the grid which is not there. It looks like your system has changed the grid in some way. It is a third party grid called SmartPropertyGrid but you must have it in the application folder otherwise the program won't start.

I am a bit stuck as to what to suggest. Maybe remove the program and try recopying it from the zip. Clearly you can change the values so it has not been locked but it is not being correctly displayed.

Does this happen only when you load XML or have you tried it with a Bgl de-compile?

Jon,
Did a reinstall with no improvement. I have sent another E-mail with screenshot of the folder-/file-structure on my system after the reinstall.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Bert

I have replied to your email. The only thing I can think of is that something else running on your machine is conflicting with the property grid. I have not had any other reports of this problem and the same grid has been used in all builds so far.

Oke Jon,
Thanks for looking at it. Too bad we can't think of anything that could cause the problem (yet).

By the way, a quote from my earlier post:
Nevertheless, I'm still enthiousastic about your work
You must be a happy man. I can only use half of the SDE, and yet I am enthiousatic. Wait until I get full use over it. :)

Bert

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Thank you Bert. I will try and see if I can change the property grid for the default one and let you have a build with that. I wonder if it is because the grid I use is from a third party developer.

Thanks in advance, Jon.
I had no luck with closing every unneeded program, cleaning system and registry, looking for .dll's with simular names on my system etc. I have no clue what to do next but to wait for your default one.

Bert

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK - this is very odd but we will not give up yet :)

EDIT

Bert

OK I changed out the custom Property Grid for the default NET2 version. If you email me on jon [at] fsdeveloper.com I will send you the interim build so that you can test if this grid works on your machine

Last edited: