• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Smart Dock | VDGS Engine

Country
france
Hello dev community
I've been working for the last months on a new VDGS Engine
it is fully working and ready to be used by Scenery developers/end users/profiles & presets builders

the first release will simulate one VDGS model only, other models are coming in future releases

Here is a quick preview of a docking operation :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JgtlJoKqGS5bOUFlF_qS4_U8AhMFzWwJ/view?usp=sharing

2019-8-26_20-26-44-328.png

2019-8-26_21-3-22-69.png
2019-8-28_2-4-35-28.png

more info will come soon :)

cheers

Country
newzealand
That’s some great work! Does it use the AFCAD parking node? Can you define different stop positions for different aircraft types?

Country
france
it uses profiles like GSX ini files
you create profiles using a diffrent program that uses live mode connected to P3D
diffrent stop position is a feature that will implemented after some big tests
i didn't have time to release the program :(

Country
france
Update : I might get back to coding in two weeks to get this out of hangar before MS FS 2020 realease :)

Country
france
Update : PMDG 737NGXu and Aerosoft A330 will be supported from the first release

Waiting for Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK update to decide whether the addon will be released for P3D only or MSFS too

Country
france
Hello
the first Version of Smart Dock is ready to be released
it will support only one model (SafeDock T2-24), Other models are ready but still need to be tested

before the release, i want to know if there are any scenery/aircraft developers interested in the product so i can start preparing the SDK to interact with it

I will keep you updated
Cheers

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
it uses profiles like GSX ini files
you create profiles using a diffrent program that uses live mode connected to P3D
diffrent stop position is a feature that will implemented after some big tests
i didn't have time to release the program :(
Hi,
I don't know how to make profiles. The document inside doesn't say anything about it. Do you have any tutorial for that?

Country
france
I forgot to include the SDK that would help to make the scenery integration files
I will release it tonight

Country
france
Would you please tell me when are you planning on releasing your scenery?
I have some cool feature ideas to add and I need to know when you need the program?

Country
france
A new version with all the needed tools is up
you will have to uninstall the old version and re-download the newer version
I'm currently unable to make a PDF document to explain how to make the profiles
however, I still can help you make them through private messages where I would send some screenshots and instructions.

a full document with all instructions for both scenery and aircraft developers will be made in the summer along with a new optimized Smart dock version including new features.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
That is great. I will try your new version. I am not a computer guy, just an average user.