• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SODE Visual Docking Guidance Systems

Any news on the VDGS??
Hi,

No big news. While the code and the system is working for a long time already, it is still difficult how to distribute it commercially. Placing and fine-tuning those boxes for each and every parking spot is a time-consuming, tedious task. Doing that for free is not a option for me, keeping SODE freeware is enough free-time spent on a software project.

Question for you as a potential end-user: Would you be willing to pay let's say 1 USD for a particular airport and maybe some 5 USD for the base VDGS package? I'd be interested...

I would ... This is done already for example with AES when you buy credits..
so from me as a user's point... i would pay for a particular airport and also by the VDGS package to get it work.

Dennis

I would be willing surely! One of the biggest features missing in P3D v3 is the VDGS, many airports have a lot of details but not the VDGS and for me this makes the realism drop to zero! Couldn't it be possible to implement a way so that the single user can add the box to the parkings he wishes?