• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

*** SODEPlacer V0.6 ***

Salam, Hello All

I want To Ask How I Have To Open Sode Placer Program? Like I Download Sode Placer Floder Then Whisplacer Now Where i Have To Open Or At Files To Open Sode Placer Program Need a Big Help

Thank You :)

Have the same question, and am more than a little surprised that there are no instructions for installing this package. Clearly many have made it work so I'm missing something...? The download contents have nothing in the way of installation steps. How is everyone making this work?

I'm sure you can initially unzip it anywhere you like, and run it from there. My understanding is that it is a Java program, so you will need Java installed first.
I've just checked, and I can see installation instructions here:
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/sodeplacer-v0-4.442264/

Thanks, that's as far as I get:
  • Unzip to any location you want and double-click the SODEPlacer.jar file
At that point the .jar file just upacks itself to the same folder.... maybe Java isn't playing nice and actually installing as it should?

Just checking, did you actually install Java first? A proper Java installation should register the .jar extension to open within Java.
Sorry, just realised my link to the instructions is this very same thread:)

Country
switzerland
Updated to v0.5:
  • Support for placement of VDGS boxes if you have purchased the SODE VDGS Pack
  • Added support for manipulating the heading of a selected object using the mousewheel and key modifiers SHIFT, CTRL
  • Fixed several minor bugs

Country
switzerland
Updated to v0.6:
  • Support for the (optional) TargetSim node for the entire xml project.
A_TargetSim.png

Using the TargetSim node, you can specify that this xml is only used for a specific simulators. A use case would be to have non-PBR SimObjects display in sims prior P3Dv4 and PBR SimObjects in P3Dv4 and v5. So you would create 2 xml file sets with different TargetSim definitions set in SODEPlacer.
Another use case would be to have xml files for each simulator and your scenery installer will only put it in the SODE xml folder for the simulator specified in your installer. This will prevent the shared SimObjects to appear in a simulator in which your scenery is *not* installed.

Documentation: https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=the-xml-definition-file/targetsim

Country
norway
Hi, guys a bit off topic, I can't run SODE Placer, I've installed java for windows 10 x64, but when i try to run it I'm getting an exception error. Do i need something else to be installed. This is on a newly installed windows 10 setup. I have Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005, 2008 x86 and x64, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015 x86 and x64 installed. Thanks in advance

Country
norway
Well just made it to work. Tip, if you install latest version of Java (on a new system) you won't get it to open. I've downloaded version 8u202 of Java and fortunately worked with this one. Hope it helped someone.

Country
australia
Hi everyone,

I have JAva 8 202 installed however when i click on SODE placer v0.7 nothing happens. any ideas?
I am running windows 10 fully updated.

Cheers

Damian

Country
germany
I have sodeplacer v0.7 running on win 10 with javaversion 1.8.0_321-b07...
But, I use the 32bit version of Java!
So the SODEPlacer runs without problems and error messages.