• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE Stock micro exclusion help

Country
unitedstates
I may have committed the unpardonable sin - without realizing the consequences, I deleted all exclusions that showed up on a "Load Stock Data" for airport AXAS (Altus/Quartz Mtn) and now cannot remove stock generic buildings or scenery objects. How do I get back to square one? (reload ADE 175?, reload FSX? All other airports are working fine. All changes and compiles look good in ADE but stock buildings still show up in FSX. This is my first post so I hope I have not committed any other sins;) I have read all the post I can find but nothing suggested has helped.

Country
newzealand
If you have opened the stock KAXS in ADE then you should not see any micro excludes, have you opened the compiled bgl at all?
Another question is why are you loading "Stock Data"? the stock KAXS ad4 file has all the data included!!
As this is a small airport you could open the "Stock" KAXS again so you have a new ad4 file, now you will start from square one again
There is no need to reload ADE or do anything with FSX

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Run Load Stock Data again. Then delete any unwanted buildings from the ADE display. As Ray says it seems you are opening the bgl file which is not something you should do for a number of reasons. Always work with the project (.ad4) file. He is also correct that you don't generally run Load Stock Data if you start with a stock airport

Country
unitedstates
Thanks for the quick replies! I tried loading stock data again into my airport .ad4 file, deleting the unwanted buildings (they appear to be gone), recompiled and ran fsx to check - all the "deleted" buildings were there - basically the stock airport is what I get. I loaded the stock airport, tried deleting items again, looked ok in IDE but after compile, FSX only displayed the stock airport with all buildings. I opened .ad4 files in both cases. ADE always shows what I want but FSX is only seeing the stock airport. I checked to make sure my compiles were going to the FSX addon scenery/scenery and all files had correct date/times showing the compile took place. It is as if there is a secret file of the stock airfield getting loaded each time (I searched for and did not find any rogue airport files). If I load my complete .ad4 file with all my changes to aprons, buildings, objects, etc. ADE shows what I have done and want, but the FSX display has everything I changed AND the stock airport item as well. I read some answers by Jon from several years ago that seem to address exactly what is happening but didn't find anything that worked. I apparently have done some things which prevent deleting, moving or resizing stock items at this airport and can't find a workaround. Loading the stock airport and rebuilding the airport doesn't solve the problem. Is there any way to get back to square one? PS - before the issues began, I added freemeshx terrain and UTXUSA. I have deactivated the programs in FSX scenery libraries to no avail. (am pretty sure they are not the culprit as I have been using them for some time before the problems occurred.) I seem to have inadvertently deleted the micro-exclusions once when loading the stock airport during a trial. I'm at a loss as how to proceed as ADE seems to have saved the deletion of micro-exclusions somewhere that I can't access.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
please attach the ADE project file to a post in this thread

Country
unitedstates
Here is my .ad4 file with all my changes and additions. I can generate a simpler one if you prefer by loading the stock airport (KAXS), making my deletions and compiling.

Attachments

• KAXS_ADEX_JAM.ad4
    18.7 KB · Views: 84

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Why are you offering a second project.? Are you saying you get the problem with more than one? Just the project file is enough

Country
unitedstates
Sorry, just thought a simple file would be easier to troubleshoot. Let me say thanks for the time and effort you are putting forth to help and for the development of ADE. This program has re-energized my flight sim experience and with the addition of Freemeshx and UTXusa I am really enjoying the "low and slow" flying again.
I am wondering if a solution cannot be found, if I save my .ad4 files for the modified airports, delete ADE 175 and re-install with my good files, I think I should be able to start KAXS from scratch and have my local airport back in good working order if that might work. Thanks again for your patience and help.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
No, do NOT reinstall ADE, that is not needed nor will it fix your problem. You need to:

1. File/Open Stock Airport.
2. Choose KAXS, Open.
3. Edit as desired.
4. File/Save Airport - click on your old AD4 file name, click OK. (KAXS_ADEX_JAM.ad4)
5. Yes to overwrite.
6. File/Compile Airport - change the name to that of your current KAXS ADE BGL file
7. Compile to the same location as that of the original ADE BGL file
8. Yes to overwrite.

Now you have completely replaced your old airport with a fresh new one.

Hope this helps,

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Tom is correct. Over the 15 year life of ADE I can think of a handful of times where the user needed to re-install It is only if the ADE installation files become corrupted. You can't corrupt ADE by creating, editing, compiling or deleting airport projects ;)

Country
unitedstates
Hey Tom, followed your instructions carefully but no change. Still getting all stock buildings even after deleting them and recompiling. Thus far the only airport with this problem is KAXS and it happened when I was working on it. I was not really working on scenery objects but was working on flattens and airport backgrounds to fix terrain anomalies caused by the new terrain mesh I installed. There must still be a command in ADE, FSX, scenery config file or some other file directing FSX to continue to display stock items - just don't know where that is.
Thanks for the suggestions though. So far the only thing I can come up with to get where I want to go would be to delete the offending items from the ADE Object Library but that seems extreme and would probably affect every other airport where those objects are used.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This almost certainly means there is another copy of the airport in the sim which is loading after your one. Load the airport into ADE and then go to Tools > File Priority Analyzer. Make sure the checkboxes checked match the ones in this screenshot

1589741097540.png

Then click Scan. Take a screenshot of the results and post it. Don't even think about deleting objects that will not help. What is displaying the objects is placement data which will be in the stock files.

Also please attach the NEW project file you made following Tom's instructions so I can check it.

Country
newzealand
To add: do you have any AI traffic programs running? as they may have added an airport file............
where is the "Addon Scenery" in your FSX Settings-scenery library list? is there anything above it, if you have what are they?
you could try moving the "Addon Scenery" to the top of this list so FSX reads the "Addon Scenery" last

Country
unitedstates
Here is the screen shot requested - I don't have any AI programs running and Addon Scenery is at the top of the list in FSX scenery library. I haven't done anything in ADE or FSX since I sent the .AD4 file. Once again, thanks for the time and suggestions. By the way, I am running FSX and ADE on two separate computers. This one is a Dell Inspiron 5577 corei7 processor and windows 10. The other machine is an older HP G70 running windows 7. Both machines display the same issues.

Attachments

• ADE KAXS.jpg
    ADE KAXS.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 74
Country
unitedstates
This is the NEW project file I made following Tom's instructions.

Attachments

• KAXS_ADEX_JAM.ad4
    23 KB · Views: 79
Country
newzealand
OK!! this is interesting, your file has no buildings so i compiled your file and i get the same as you, the default airport...........
So i checked nearby airports and OK82 is overlapping KAXS, so opening OK82 low and behold there are the buildings for KAXS
try deleting the buildings in OK82 to see if that fixes your problem

Country
unitedstates
YES!!!!!! (FIST PUMP) THAT was the problem! Thank You - you have saved me from a mental meltdown and institutionalization!
Thanks Ray, Jon and Tom for your perseverance, insight and willingness to save newbies like me.....and my wife thanks you as well :D
List this one SOLVED! This old Cessna O2A (337) pilot who also flew C-118, C-123, C-5 and taught C-17 simulators salutes you!

Country
newzealand
LOL!!! we all new FSX was reading another file all we had to do was find it :)
be warned, there are a lot of airports that host other airports buildings,
PANC is a classic example with another airports buildings in it

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Great. All the files listed in the FPA above KAXS contain some objects or signs which are close enough to KAXS to appear there since they load after the file containing the exclusions (KAXS..OBJ).

1589778941116.png

Ray found them in OK82...OBJ I wonder what is in KLTS...OBJ and Stewart.bgl?