• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

The I am working on thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrashGate3 said:
How far have you got? I've been working on an LPMA for about a month now and its about half done. The different levels are proving to be the source of a LOT of swearing...

Sorry Ive taken so long to reply, I started to make the platform but the levels have caused me to give up completely :banghead: (for now, im not in the mood to make my own runway.). I am right now working on a new project:

KDAB Daytona Beach International Airport [Enhancements]
By enhancements I mean the removal of the default FS terminal and the creation of a new gmax teminal. Right now I am working on final testing and new AFCAD files. Most of the airport will be left alone (pretty close to real anyways), but new taxiways, terminal, and vehicles have been added.

Here is a shot of my terminal nearing completion in gmax, the dark bar across the main part of the terminal is actually transparent in FS. (please keep in mind this is my first "complex" terminal made in gmax.

David Biggar
david.biggar@gmail.com
dayterm.jpg

Ahh, that's good.. I was terrified that I'd finish mine only to find someone had made a better one... :rotfl:

I agree, the levels are causing a LOT of swearing in the Crashgate3 household - the only way I think I can do it is to use the same technique as the 'Wonderful Madiera' payware scenery and make it all in Gmax. Unfortunately this means a lot of it won't be able to have ground object shadows, but we can't have everything.

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/9660/1209051mm.jpg

Good luck on your new project :)

My "Project Salzburg Airport" - LOWS

I have started the project at June 20th 2005. The intention is to offer the scenery as freeware, as I do not feel to be experienced enough to pretend that the project is "professional".

The freeware and payware FS9-sceneries for Austrian Airports bear severe problems for me: AUSTRIAN PROFESIONAL 2005 (Flugwerk) is programmed in an old style and seems not to be developed any more. Aside this the most objects are dislocated and the influence in framerates is very bad (especially in Vienna/LOWW).

I decided to start with Salzburg, because the airport seems to be a perfect candidate for this project: it is small enough to manage the workload for the construction (I have to do everything alone aside my bread and butter job). It is possible to make quite good photos for the texturing. And I have very good friends in Salzburg who support me by researching several things.

Whenever the airport is ready the following features shall be available:
  1. Photoreal ground textures
  2. Correct positions of runways and objects
  3. Correct position of stands and hangers
  4. Night lighting
  5. Framerate at least 24 per second on middlerange machines
  6. Useable in FS9 and coming versions

Currently the ground and the general aviation area is almost ready. I am working at the tower building actually and have concerns about how to make the lights (floodlights and PAPI-lights).

I will post the address for screenshots here soon.

Greetings from Vienna/Austria
Gianni
:)

Momentarily in the pipe:

EDDS (Edit: released)

EDDK

EDMA (Edit: released)

Have not much time, so don't expect soon releases!

Last edited:
Hi!

First versions of my LC covering Sweden (and another one made that covers Denmark) is now available at FS Nordic. They are named SweClass & DanClass.

/hans

Congrats, Hans!

Working with Holger Sandmann I've just released Vancouver+ through FSAddon. Got lots of invaluable help here at scenerydesign.org, esp. Arno.

So next is some more freeware upgrades for Vancouver Island, and and updated regional airport corrections release.

Jon

RAF Aldergrove (EGAA)
Newtownards (EGAD)
Enniskillen/St Angelo (EGAB)
Londonderry/Eglintoin (EGAE)

.... plus various VFR addons

Last edited:
Working on KHPN - Westchester County/White Plains Airport in White Plains, New York. Fun place to fly in and out of without having to worry about the New York Bravo Airspace.

David Biggar

Working in SBuilder on a coastline fix for ENCN, Norway. And a suspension bridge for Fly II.

Did a lot of sceneries the last months, so I will have a little break now. Afterwards I will start EDDK with some pal from the SAG ... maybe in june 2006

hehe, neat post, just found it :D !
Currently I am working on London City Airport (EGLC/LCY) V2. I did a simple AFCAD/RWY12 V1, but now I am reworking it to make it a very nice scenery. Gonna be Freeware. I'll be having another preview of the project in the showroom soon! Neat to hear what people are doing around here...

Hi All.

I plan to start working on a conversion program that will convert between MIF format, SBuilder's BLN format, and G2K4 format ( in between them all ).

They are all text files, so the conversion should be possible.

The MIF format is from the GIS program MapInfo. The Freeware program FGIS can load esri SHP, MIF, and DXT formats, and save them all.

So we'd have a path to convert GIS vector data to both G2K4 and SBuilder. We'd also be able to convert Sbuilder to G2K4 and back again.... by default, this would allow importing lwm and vtp BGLS from the sim, and exporting them as G2K4 format or as MIF ( exported to a GIS program ).

:rotfl:

Dick

Kaitak

I never watch before this thred but I am on a free project called 9 dragon it's the reconstruction of the old kaitak.
I have been working from an year already but we stuck a lot on technical problem mostly on code stuff :( .
If anyone want to see more screenshot i will post it.

VHHX : Kaitak

Attachments

• Kaitak1.jpg
    Kaitak1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 587
Last edited:
Georg Aubele said:
Daniel really knows what he is doing. Lets hope he moves to another city soon - maybe Cologne or Dusseldorf :D ;)

I hope someone does a freeware scenery for Cologne. I have been trying to find a place that has one.

Albuquerque, NM

Attachments

• kabq_dt008.jpg
    kabq_dt008.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 606
  • terminal004.jpg
    terminal004.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 604
I am traveling to Cologne in June. if you need pics of the airport i can get you some if you need unless you will be done by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back