• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

The I am working on thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The idea for this thread came in one of the other discussions, so let's give it a try.

In this thread you can post the project you are working on. This might prevent another designer from starting on the same airport. But maybe it can also result in sharing of information or other things (I don't know how well this is going to work either :D).

And please don't start bugging the person who posted his project here with questions about release dates etc. Give them the time to finish their project. This thread is just to give other designers a idea of what others are doing.

I will monitor this thread. Maybe we need to make different threads for parts of the world if it becomes a chaos. But for now we will just see how it develops :).

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
OK, to start:

For the Netherlands 2000 Scenery Project I am working on the following general aviation airfields:

EHAL - Ameland
EHDR - Drachten
EHHO - Hoogeveen
EHOW - Oostwold
EHST - Stadskanaal (Vledderveen)
EHTX - Texel

And for the EHAM Schiphol scenery of NL2000 I am working on some special objects (mainly the docking systems at the moment).

The last project I am working on (although it has not really started properly) is a historical Schiphol scenery spanning the time from 1916 to 1940. If anyone has information about Schiphol in that era please let me know.

Country
germany
I'm working on (or at least try to) a freeware alternative to

EDDB (Berlin Schoenefeld, 50% done)

from the German Airports, because I hated to see the GAP-users to taxi beside the taxiways - and thyo blamed me to do the same. ;)

Edit: Done!

Now: EDDF

Last edited:
Country
us-southcarolina
And I am working on:

CYYC - Calgary (90% done)
CYEG - Edmonton (70% done)
CYYJ - Victoria (10% done)

MDCR - Cabo Rojo, DR (99% done)
MYX6 - Oakes Field, Bahamas (5% done)

nickw

Administrator
Staff member
Country
ireland
For Me:

EINN - Shannon
EIDW - Dublin Remake
EIWT - Weston
EIKN - Knock

Country
newzealand
Hokay, this is the area my scenery covers (all our own mesh laid down)

The airports it covers include:

Completed - NZCH (Christchurch International)
00% done - NZWG (Wigram Airfield (Old Airforce base))
00% done - NZFF (Forest Field)
00% done - NZRT (Rangiora)
00% done - NZWL (West Melton)
00% done - NZP1 (Private field (Swannanoa))

All these I have already done, but they are long overdue for a re-vamp so thats why I putting them in here :)

Attachments

• snap00532.jpg
    snap00532.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,267
Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
I am working on......

I am working on the War Eagles Museum and airport at Santa Teresa New Mexico. The runways and taxiways aren't too bad, so mainly it is the buildings, parking and traffic. I also need some WW2 planes repainted to match what is in the museum. (any volunteers welcome!)

My other project is the Texas Hill Country. I am using the Austin mesh, which is pretty good, but redoing Landclass, roads and rivers, and redoing the Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Tierra Linda and Silver Wings airports. Very few problems with this project...thanks to SBuilder. My lake and riverbanks could stand some improvement. I am seriously thinking about using Autogen Annotator to improve the appearance of the City of Kerrville.

JonPatch

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I am working on:

- V200x south-western British Columbia http://www.fsaddon.com/products/products_preview_vancouver.htm
- just released vicenh05.zip freeware upgrade, and there will be more improvements from time to time for this Victoria, Canada scenery
- minor upgrade to my South-west BC airport corrections to fix climbing water on 09 approach to CYYJ

Jon

Last edited:

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I'm using GSHHS shoreline data to replace the default LWM data used in CFS2. Should be a better masking base to use for that sim. In some areas it is better than FS9's default shorelines.. in other cases, worse.

The "tiles" are LOD2 in size, so it does have some challenges... and there are 96 tiles.

Dick

Country
england
Ontario Airports

Adam Bentley and I are currently working on the following airports for Ontario.

CYQK - Kenora
CYSP - Marathon
CYXZ - Wawa

These are about 85% done, we just need to iron out a few problems.

David.
CanUK Scenery.

Country
australia
Several Custom Builds
YMML
HMAS Melbourne
Victoria State , Australia with VFR Objects ( remenicant of the Melborne Scenery for FS95/98 ).
YMPC
Bass Straight Oilrigs
Australian Lighthouses

thats enough for the moment lol

jeff

Country
us-hawaii
My current project is...

LIPV Nicelli. A small airport in Venice, Italy.
Two years ago this airport was included in LIPZ & LIPV by ISD Project.
Now, in order to enhance realism, I work to a new version of LIPV that include orthophoto and all new 're-modeled' objects. I aim to recreate the same 'real effect' of LIDA Asiago.
But work is hhhhard...
ALoha Claudio Grassi :stirthepo

Country
sweden
Draw a line from ESNF - ESNH - ESNY - ESUY and back to ESNF!

Whole area within and some around. Roads, lakes, streams, farms. The lot.
8500sq.km.

More info on FS Addon.

;-)

/Bqt

Country
netherlands
I am currently working on

TNCM
historic harbour of Willemstad, including the floating bridge, Curacao,
TNCC
SABA (haven't done much yet)
Groningen(city in the netherlands), complete city including a roadplan.

Working away on...

EGAC - Belfast City

Next up...

EGAA - Belfast International (Aldergrove)

Country
us-arizona
Phoenix area

I'm working on a massive Phoenix photoreal project. That project is on hold a bit until I'm done with the program I'm creating to replace Annotator for creating autogen. Unfortunately, a huge photoreal area looks very flat without adding autogen to the thousands of tiles you build. Using Microshaft's lousy Annotator program would put me in surgery for carpal-tunnel syndrome.

Art Martin

Right now I have two projects going . I am working on a little private air field for my friend in Ill. "Olson field " LL-53. and the other one is a project for Misty fjords. It is a little store 'McGregor's Outpost" currently I am having trouble with Gmax and designing the log cabin. I dont have a time frame for this one. Olson field is all most done. so may be putting that up soon on the net.

woody :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.