• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

The I am working on thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
us-california
Im working on Madeira Airport (LPMA) and its about 5% done, once the largest element is done, then it will all be down hill from there. :santahat:

David Biggar

Country
us-texas
I hope to complete the following using tips and tools from this site:

KRIC Richmond Richmond International Airport
KFCI Richmond Chesterfield County Airport
KOFP Richmond/Ashland Hanover County Municipal Airport

Country
germany
HI!
I`m working on EDKP- my home-airport.
I cant see anymore how Microsoft treated this wonderful site, where i use to spend most of my freetime.
Its a bit tricky airfield because of its location in an very small vale-we use to do patterns in a distance of 100m from the runway and turning into left base by circling a hill. then we do a final by following the terrain in about 5m.
I try to create this tricky things in FS as good as possible, so that you can experience the fun we have in real world.
Greets from germany
Hekto

Country
unitedkingdom
Im currently working on the Lé Eithne, the only ship in the Irish navy to have a helipad. Its not detailed and I don't expect it to be very detailed, but thanks to Arno and the crew I've made a nice feature for the railings :)

2 pictures below - first of the railing feature, second a quick overview:

Helipad Feature

Ship Overview

Cheers,

Daryl

Country
germany
Currently working on EDDF, my home airport. My goal is to create a detailed scenery with acceptable frame rates on slower comps (as my old 1,6 Ghz Athlon).

Modelling:
Terminal 2: Currently at 80% (Modelling almost done, jetways missing at this moment.)
Terminal 1: Currently undergoing rework. Status is at 20%
Surrundings: Currently at 4%, started some buildings on the landside (parking, etc)
Texturing: 0% haven't started yet.

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Why is it always EDDF? :confused: :rolleyes:

Guys, that's one of the most difficult airports in Germany. Why not start with a smaller one, which is not yet available as freeware? ;)

Country
germany
Becacause I have 25km to EDDF and don't want to drive some 400km or something like that, just to take some shots of a grass runway. And I'm not flying VFR, just IFR with jetliners and wanted a better scenery, really showing the architecture of EDDF for free.
Why is everybody saying "Oh no...not EDDF again" or something like that? I've put enough work in this scenery for now and I don't want to kick it into trash. What about some comments in my showroom thread...not always this "Not EDDF again" thing. Sorry, but it's really gettin' annoying....

I'm working with 3d programs for eight years now. So I think I have some experience...have a look at my posting in the showroom and see for yourself....

Last edited:
Country
germany
I have to admit, that Daniel does a great job on his EDDF - although I did (some) EDDF and he is becoming a "rival", I say "Keep on doing the good work!" You have much more experience in "3D-ing" than me and it looks really great.

Daniel really knows what he is doing. Lets hope he moves to another city soon - maybe Cologne or Dusseldorf :D ;)

Country
italy
It's not that We don't like your idea of making Frankfurt it's just that by pure coincidence we had 3 people making a scenery of Frankfurt all announced one/3 moths ago

I been waiting for a EDDF scenery for years as It’s my Hub [virtual of course ] in Europe :D

Country
unitedkingdom
biggard said:
Im working on Madeira Airport (LPMA) and its about 5% done, once the largest element is done, then it will all be down hill from there. :santahat:

David Biggar

How far have you got? I've been working on an LPMA for about a month now and its about half done. The different levels are proving to be the source of a LOT of swearing...

Country
netherlands
Hello guys,

First post and just want to let you know that I'm working on an extremely detailed Innsbruck (LOWI). Also included 2 screens of the tower and terminal.

Enjoy! :cool:

Control_1.png

Terminal_1.png

Best regards,
Maarten Janssen / M_Dutchman

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
The first must be a photo! :eek:

Very nice - I also love LOWI. I hope you also supply an AFCAD that lets AI-aircraft land on LOWI. ;)

Country
germany
M_Dutchman said:
Hello guys,

First post and just want to let you know that I'm working on an extremely detailed Innsbruck (LOWI).

YESSSSSSSS! Great - I LOVE LOWI! The approach is fascinating! I thought about it, too, but you are doing a great job - can't wait to have it on my hard disc! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
Thanks a lot for the nice comments guys! :)
And yes Horst, the first one is a screenshot, just from a amazing realistically angle. And also an AFCAD will be included for those who don't fly online. In the first version there will be day-summer textures only. But the full airport whit all buidlings will be in it. In the next versions I'll build it further. Takes a lot of time like most of you know, especially by the fact that I do it on my own and I live in the Netherlands :D

Best regards,
Maarten

Country
australia
Some of those screens look really nice, I should start getting some more European scenery. :D

My project is not really starting from scatch - Im creating new gmax (well 3DStudio) Nimitz class carriers :) Ive imported the FSDS source from the 'flyable' version by the guys at fs-shipyards.com. And that model is a heavily updated version of the source that I believe the arrCab carriers are based on. I begin to think that this model has its own family tree that can be traced through the many versions of FS!

As a part of that project currently building a tool that adds platforms and remove crash boxes from models in the .X file format. Basically it does what attach tool does in Gmax. This is so I can add those to the model.

Its all comming along nicely :)

Country
germany
Fandamntastic! Looks great, especially the first screenie. Keep it up. Can't wait to make some flights to LOWI.

M_Dutchman said:
Hello guys,

First post and just want to let you know that I'm working on an extremely detailed Innsbruck (LOWI). Also included 2 screens of the tower and terminal.

Enjoy! :cool:

Best regards,
Maarten Janssen / M_Dutchman

Country
brazil
Working on...

I am working on a fictional airort NW of Florida-USA for WSPilots.com just for fun
List of steps and instruments I am using:

Exbuilder to remove autogen
EZLandClass to create landclass
Gmax to model and create the buildings
Photoshop 7 do create exclusives textures for buildings at day and night
DXTBmp to convert the bmps into DXT1
AFCAD to create airport scenery ground
Traffic Manager to create Traffic
TTools to compile the traffic files
RWY12 to place stuff all around

at last the Hole Bible to pray for all this stuff works on FS2004. :p

Status