• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS The port of Hamburg in MSFS

Country
germany
Hello Henrik,
what do you mean with "...we should do a harbor tour together; despite being so close I actually never did that"?

I have now also installed the missing landing bridges for large tankers in the oil port. This area is now finished and it continues with the "Cruise Terminal Steinwerder".
On the left you can see the tanker "Sirius Star" (by SimDocks) and on the right the tanker "Liberty" (by Henrik Nielsen).

Bild74_Tankerbruecken_Oelhafen.jpg

Last edited:
Country
denmark
Hello Henrik,
what do you mean with "...we should do a harbor tour together; despite being so close I actually never did that"?

I have now also installed the missing landing bridges for large tankers in the oil port. This area is now finished and it continues with the "Cruise Terminal Steinwerder".
On the left you can see the tanker "Sirius Star" (by SimDocks) and on the right the tanker "Liberty" (by Henrik Nielsen).

Bild74_Tankerbruecken_Oelhafen.jpg
I mean that despite living less than 250 kilometres away and being a shipping nerd I never did a sightseeing tour in the harbor in Hamburg... I did maritime sightseeing in Singapore, Santos, Norfolk, Panama, and many, many other harbors far away but never in Hamburg :D and ps... glad to see the Liberty included... It was my second ship model...

Country
germany
Hi Henrik, that's a good idea. However, the hotels here in Hamburg are still closed and so far only the outdoor restaurants were allowed to open, which is not so much fun in the current weather. Therefore, it might be a good idea to wait a few more weeks, although I don't know when you'll have to leave for work again and at which end of the world you'll be.

Country
germany
There is a change!

In the last weeks the scenery has evolved quite a bit. In addition, some minor bugs that my beta testers had found have been corrected and some improvements to models have been made.
At the moment I am still adding many small details like people, everyday sceneries and so on.

Actually I had planned the release for the middle of July.
Due to the announcement of ASOBO to release a Germany update in August, I decided to release the scenery after it has been tested under the new conditions.
It is quite possible that after the update some corrections will be necessary and therefore it makes no sense to release the scenery before.

Country
germany
It's time again for a progress report.

For more than 2 weeks now, I've been setting human figures on the promenade and have just made it from the Elbphilharmonie to Bridge 1 of the Landungsbrücken. Each figure must be set individually and aligned in height and direction. You can't do more than 100 to 200 meters in one day, so it will probably take a few more weeks until I'm finished. What a luck that ASOBO has scheduled the D-Land update for August. Otherwise I would have been quite behind schedule. :cool:

Bild77_belebte_Landungsbruecken.jpg

Country
germany
Finally life inside the sim. Looks great!
Furthermore, I like your even edges instead of the weird ones on the buildings in the background :cool:

Country
denmark
Congratulations Manfred, I had a nice flight over the harbor this evening and the level of detail is just amazing.

21092106454216112917580840.jpg

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Still awaiting registration activation. 🤔
You have to meet the complete registration requirements! This includes your full first and last name, your full home address and your full date of birth.

This allows Manfred to investigate whether you have given your real name or a fake name.

Only then will you have access to the download.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
It sounds a bit like a virtual passport...so if any shenanigans occur at the Port of Hamburg, you'll know who's visited!