• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 This is getting frustrating

Country
us-vermont
I've had this problem for over a year since I got my new system.

Here is what is happening:

ADE 1.76... loads and works fine to design. Knows I have FS9 and P3D Version 3 on my system. Connects to FSUIPC for my aircraft location. All seems well.

However when I try to compile, I get the error below (Using the P3D V 3 SDK's since it's all I had)

Compiler Errors Found. These were not identified by the Issue Manager. Please let us know
what the compiler error is so that we can improve the Issue Manager.

The compiler message is shown below

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using BglComp....

Parsing document: D:\Airport Design Editor 175\!AdeTempWorkOnly\6B8_ADEP3_BAG.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 219, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on the element 'Runway' is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2606: Schema errors detected, compilation failed!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2034: XML Parse Fatal Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 1713, 0, Validate failed.

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2430: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2003: Failed to process file: D:\Airport Design Editor 175\!AdeTempWorkOnly\6B8_ADEP3_BAG.xml
So as a work around, I'd design in 1.76 and then save. Open in 1.79 and it would compile.

Now I finally got around to getting an external DVD drive last week for my system so I put FS9 on. (Mostly so I could get FSDS working on the computer) Now, 1.79 never could find P3D on my system. When I get the little box to select my FS version, it wouldn't show P3D. I clicked the x in the corner and it would load and compile stuff. (1.76 shows both FS9 and P3D V3 in the box)

Ever since I put FS9 on the system, it's all it will work with. I can't get it to even open in FSX mode so now I can't even compile stuff that I did in 1.76.

I even uninstalled all versions of ADE and re-installed but no joy.

Can we get 1.76 to compile somehow or get 1.79 to recognize P3D? All my other installers find (Like Carenado installers) find P3D fine so it's not a registry issue that I know of. P3D is not on C:\ Drive but on my bigger D:\ drive.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Can you post a project that shows this issue. Runway transparency is in later schema for BglComp. If a project is created in a version (eg FS9/FSX etc) then that property will get into the XML. If it is then loaded into a version that does not support the transparency attribute then the compile will fail as shown in your error message. I have a vague recollection that transparency appeared in FSX SP2

You can force ADE to give you all Versions in the start up selector

[TARGET]

ShowAll=True

backup global.ini from the ADE installation folder and add ShowAll=True under [TARGET] Save it and run ADE again

1673882741967.png

Last edited:
Country
us-vermont
Ok...

Tried again. fresh install of 1.78. Opened stock airport (KFOK). Recognizes P3D V3.1. Still getting the fail to compile error message.

All I can think of is that I'm using the P3D V3.1 SDK and 1.78 wants the 1.4 or FSX SDK..

Attached is the fail message and AD4 files

Attachments

• fail.zip
    121.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Country
us-vermont
On an additional note. Tried to install 1.79 and it will not go into P3D mode. it only recognizes FS9 on my system while 1.78 does....

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I don't think 1.79 supports P3D v3, it's been dropped. so you'll have to stay with 1.78.

Country
us-vermont
I dug up on an old hard drive, a copy of the FSX SDK. pointed 1.78 to it with the same airport file and it still won't compile. BUT I got a different error message this time.

Compiler Errors Found. These were not identified by the Issue Manager. Please let us know
what the compiler error is so that we can improve the Issue Manager.

The compiler message is shown below

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using BglComp....

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C1003: Failed to create MSXML object! (0x80040154)

Parsing document: D:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 178\!AdeTempWorkOnly\KFOK_ADEP3_BAG.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2430: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2003: Failed to process file: D:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor 178\!AdeTempWorkOnly\KFOK_ADEP3_BAG.xml

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
It means you need to install MSXML 4.0.

Country
us-vermont
Thanks for the link Tom. Some progress. No error messages after installing MSXML 4.0... BUT When I compile. No BGL is is created. I get the spinny thing while it supposedly compiles but there is no outputted BGL files.

I do have the setting for the BGL to compile in my ADD on scenery\scenery folder. But no joy. Even tried putting it into my p33\projects folder but still no BGL

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If you are trying to compile a P3D v3 airport using the FSX SDK that will not work.

Country
us-vermont
Not really sure what happened.... Deleted all my previous ADE installs. Ran the setup for 1.79xxx and pointed it at the P3D scenery cfg. and the sdks and it loads and compiles. Not sure if it connects to FS yet (Just happened loading P3D currently) but I have a working version of ADE that reads default airports :)

Country
us-vermont
Just to close this out.... After an install of FS2004. (And removal later) ADE now works (mostly) as it should. Not sure what I did but the program loads after X-ing out the sim dialog box and will now pull up stock airports and connect to FSUIPC. It's now working so not messing with anything LOL