Website stability

I could not access the site on (I think) Monday about 1230 - 1300 UTC. It has been fine for me other than this each time I have tried. I am in Australia.

Cheers,

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Just to say, I’ve had no trouble with the site since you got the provider to do whatever they did. It just works.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Actually, it works for a few people that were lucky, or didn't try when it was down, to clarify. If it is a website and any single individual is unable to access it, while they are able to access Google, then that is probably a problem for anybody, but the domain providers and possibly one or two others.

I have sometimes had my web site available to certain parts of the world but not others. My ISP says this happens sometimes, and AFAIK they didn't do anything to fix it but it did stop happening eventually. I assumed some internet backbone thing?

=rk=

Resource contributor
Well I would say at this point, that it is as fixed as it's going to get. It's not like they are withholding connectivity until the customer actually demands what he's due, we're already past that point.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I have now setup a monitor so that I can keep track of the up and down time of the site. That should give me some more information to contact the webhost company if the problems stays.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I setup monitoring every 5 minutes, but that's hasn't failed yet. Sometimes I do see longer responds times, but no failures yet.

It might be the 5 minute interval is too big to capture all issues.