weird and first time error (for me).

Hello guys, i´m in modelconverter since a couple years and is the firs time i´m geting this error.
Really dont know what to do.
i´m work so nice the last week, and this morning...this.

tks in advance fellows.
SKETCHUP 2018 and the last modeconverter version.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

The error seems to indicate that XtoMDL can't read the X file or can't find some file. So I guess it might be something in the X file. Do you have any textures or parts with weird names?

If you can send me the DAE file I can try to reproduce it.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello...

I'm not getting any errors concerning the XtoMDL here. What version of FS are you compiling to? Compiled fine into a mdl file for FSX and P3D v4.2 (besides that the textures are missing).

Last edited:
Hello...

I'm not getting any errors concerning the XtoMDL here. What version of FS are you compiling to? Compiled fine into a mdl file for FSX and P3D v4.2 (besides that the textures are missing).
Hey Pyscen, best from Costa Rica.
tks for your answer fellow.
I´m trying to compilate for FSX (Since a couple years ago, no problem).
every time when i try to compilate the .mdl, i getting a diferent error in the first line (tmpCFFE.x), this one change every time.
Btw, let me start a new project and tell you later, tks for your help.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello...

That tmpCFFE.x file is a temp file and will always change, no matter what.... it has nothing to do with your errors you were getting concerning the XtoMDL. What are the filenames of your textures. As Arno mentioned to you before,... the filenames could be the cause of the above error that you were getting.... since I had no trouble compiling the dae file (without the textures), it could be the filenames of the textures.